- Salary Offer Salaries and benefits are according to internal SCA salary scale
- Years of Experience 2-3 years’ work experience in relent field of networking in NGOs, UN agencies or Government authorities.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM-TRMO 159-23
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University Degree in Computer Sciences with major in networking Or 12 grade schooling with professional courses CCNA & MCITP certified.
- close Date June 4, 2023
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmers linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
SCA’s ABADEI project aims to improve the livelihoods of women engaged in natural resource-based livelihoods and home-based farm and non-farm sectors in Afghanistan while also climate-proofing critical infrastructure for human security, and enhanced resilience for multidimensionally poor households.
Under the direct supervision of the ICT Officer and Provincial Managers, the IT/photocopy Assistant will be responsible for the daily ICT, Photocopy services and some Administration tasks and reporting to the ICT officer and Provincial Managers.
He/she is responsible to provide day to day Network and Photocopy services to the project team in regional and provincial level and provide support to ICT Officer and Provincial Manager in performing networking and Photocopy services and some Administration tasks.
The IT/Photocopy Assistant is required to maintain coordination for ICT Assistant and photocopy Operation for TRMO (Taloqan Regional Management Office), KLO (Kunduz Liaison Office) and Provincial Offices and follow up on daily ICT services. He/she is required to execute all the duties and tasks in compliance with SCA, policies, rules, and regulations responsibilities.
- Implement and follow-up the SCA’s IT policies and guidelines.
- Evaluate, Design, Develop, Implement, Maintain, Upgrade, and Troubleshoot of the IT setup and systems including but not limited to computer network/s, relevant equipment’s and peripherals, server/s, personal computers, printers, multimedia projectors, VHF & UHF radios, email accounts & services, CCTV system, internet equipment’s and connection/s, website/s & services, software & applications, UPS/s systems, other related equipment’s, and services.
- Design logical network structures, topologies, drawings, and implementation plan according to SCA’s need and requirements and as per the instructions of the TRMO/KLO ICT officers and Provincial Managers.
- Implement the network expansion plans and strategies by installation of new cabling, ducting, wall mounts, faceplates, switches, other networking equipment’s and infrastructures as per the expansion/development plans or as/if required.
- Install, supervise, maintain, and troubleshoot the current and new network equipment’s such as network cables, switches, hubs, routers, access points, servers, printers, users, and computers.
- Implement, supervise, maintain, and enhance all IT security measures.
- Initiate, develop and implement trainings, capacity building programs and learning sessions to raise users’ awareness and capacity on the use of existing IT equipment’s, services and applications.
- To keep all the photocopy machines of SCA functional and in good working condition.
- To do overall service, disassembling of all the parts and if necessary, washing of the Copiers, Printers and Scanners.
- To remove the error seeming in kinds of Copiers, Printers Scanners, Projectors and more office equipment.
- To do initializing of the new parts and developer in the heavy copy machines.
- To do proper installation of the new parts of the heavy copy machines when required
- To always, keep records of the specification of all the photocopy machines of the SCA
- To keep record of all the maintenance, services, and spares parts changes of the copy machines ABADEI project/KLO.
- To procure food and refreshments items during workshops and trainings and prepare its documents in timely manner.
- Performs any other tasks as assigned by the line supervisors/Administration Unit.
Qualifications & Requirements:
University Degree in Computer Sciences with major in networking Or 12 grade schooling with professional courses CCNA & MCITP certified.
2-3 years’ work experience in relent field of networking in NGOs, UN agencies or Government authorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and proficiency of Dari and Pashto.
- Strong computer skill in related filed.
- Commitment to the mission and the core values of Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Team worker, creative, innovative skills in conceptual and analytical thinking
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
- Committed, Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable, ability to multitask
- Familiarity with the Northeast region where SCA operates
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment.
- A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities
- Local candidate will be preferred.
- To be an Afghan citizen.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience and send your application / CV to the below link:
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
Applications after announcement closing date or Application in hard copy will not be accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.