- Salary Offer As per NTA salary scale policy
- Experience 4 Years
- Number of Vacancies 5
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type service contract
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Mail-ta-284
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 18, 2021
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities.
Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is launching the Emergency Agriculture & Food Supply Project (EATS) in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The Project objective is to support critical food supply chains and create short-term economic opportunities. The Project includes three components: (A) Productive agricultural water systems; (B) Critical food supply chain management; and (C) Project management. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and financed by grants from the International Development Association (World Bank) and the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF).
The Project design is based on the experience and knowledge acquired from several on-going or recently closed projects, including: On-Farm Water Management Project (OFWMP), National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP), Afghanistan Agricultural Improvement Project (AAIP), all three projects implemented by MAIL and Irrigation Rehabilitation and Development Project (IRDP) implemented by MEW. The Project will use a community driven development approach through the Community Development Councils (CDC) building on the experience of the Citizens Charter Afghanistan Project implemented by MRRD, among others.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) staffed with National Technical Assistance (NTA) is financed by the Project to support the national, provincial and district offices of MAIL for its implementation. The PMU is led by a Project Director based in Kabul
IT Officer will operate under Component D which supports all Information Technology activities, and will report to IT Specialist.
IT Officer will work under the direct supervision of the IT specialist and Admin/logistic unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The IT Officer will be responsible for:
· Install, supervise, maintain, and troubleshoot the current and new network equipment such as network cables, switches, routers, access points, servers, printers, users, and computers etc.
· Install and maintain a Domain based network, and also update security software in all computers of the project
· Collect project baseline data both from M & E specialist in the Area Team and M & E Firm on regular basis, clean/verify it, and enter it into the project MIS system.
· Provide solutions to the problems of computer hardware / software, LAN, WAN, internet, emails system, and data backup etc. and also train staff on the use of IT equipment
· Check and verify purchased IT equipment, and prepare a proper inventory of all issued IT equipment
· Prepare IT Bi-weekly report. The report should also show internet speed/bandwidth to justify the spending
· Configuration of wireless access point and taking backups of files
· Provide technical support for printers, scanners, copy machines, etc. He/she should also maintain proper supply of tonners, cartridges to support office work without any delay
· Support and make sure that all computers on the network are virus free and manage users email accounts
· Restore a server or client files from a backup
· Prevent unethical use of internet through installation of proper hardware/ and software
· Keep clean and maintain dust free environment around IT equipment
· Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
Bachelor of Computer science/IT with minimum of 4 years of experience of maintaining IT networks etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in IT networks (LAN, VAN)
· Demonstrated knowledge of VSAT installation
· Demonstrated knowledge of applying security measures to prevent networks from malicious software threats.
· Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly preferably in both English and Pashtu/Dari
Writing skills and demonstrated ability to develop written reports and action plans in both in English and Dari/Pashtu
Afghanistan, Nangarhar, Baghlan, Balkh, Kandahar, Herat
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through Email address
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position (IT Officer) plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
Note: please do not forget to mention the province name in subject line of your email