- Salary Offer As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience At least two years working in the nutrition programs health facilities.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 1 Year (Contingent to Donor Approval)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference WVA1569
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduated from nursing or midwifery program.
- close Date September 29, 2023
About World Vision International:
World Vision International (WVI) began emergency relief operations in Afghanistan in 2001 by addressing the urgent needs of children and families affected by natural disasters and decades of conflict. More than a decade later, World Vision Afghanistan’s (WVA) programs have expanded to development sectors such as health, nutrition, WASH, child protection, and education, empowering women to engage in civil and social change through interfaith partnership.
WVA targets the most vulnerable in its interventions; including children, women, Internally Displace Persons (IDPs), and returnee refugees, as well as the most impoverished and marginalized families. These priorities have been chosen to contribute to our Goal of: “Improved survival and well-being of Afghan girls and boys, building the foundations for a better future for Afghan children and their communities.”
Our work is well established in Herat, Badghis, Ghor, and Faryab provinces in the western region of Afghanistan. We work closely with all levels of society including children, parents, teachers, village councils, religious leaders, ministries, provincial departments, and other national and international agencies.
The Nutrition nurse will be posted in the nutrition ward of the Pediatric hospital nutrition ward to actively admit and provide the Inpatient Services for SAM with complication and follow up the cases after discharge and will actively admit the severely acute malnourished children as per IMAM, IPD SAM guidelines to Pediatric ward.
- Actively admit the severely acute malnourished children as per IMAM, IPD SAM guidelines to pediatric ward.
- Carry-out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients on daily basis.
- Ensure all SAM patient recorded fully completed and adhered to the accepted nutrition standard for IPD SAM center.
- Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- To accurately measure and record MUAC, weights, heights, and lengths of the beneficiaries according to the nutrition criteria.
- Prepare nutrition counselling to client as per MoPH nutrition guideline or policy.
- Calculate nutrition supplies required for SAM in inpatient ward.
- Taking care of malnourished children in all three phases from admission till discharge.
- Document/develop the project success stories.
- Ensure proper referral mechanism.
- Filling the IMAM report template on monthly basis and report to World Vision.
- Restock field supplies as necessary.
- Fully implement the IMAM guideline for IPD SAM.
- Check the stock make consumption report and request for new supplies.
- To maintain all equipment in good working order and report any problems or needs.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (AHF-Nutrition 2nd 2021) interventions.
Knowledge & Qualificiation for This Role
Required Professional Experience
At least two years working in the nutrition programs health facilities.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Graduated from nursing or midwifery program.
- Very good communication with staff & clients.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Diploma in nutrition is preferred.
- Ability to work with malnutrition case
- Ability to do the triage methods
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
- Languages empowerment (Dari – Pashto)
- Flexibility for work.
- Ability to travel within the work environment
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
IPD SAM center in respective provinces.
Night duty will be in place in accordance with the Pediatric hospital schedule.
Healthy / Normal
Knowledge of Dari language is essential and Pashto Language is preferred.
The application closing date is 29-Sep-2023. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1569) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
.را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1569) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Applications with insufficient, incomplete, and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
For those who may distribute our announcement on other social media (Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc….), this is kindly asked to please copy the vacancy link from the ACBAR job site and share it with your posts. No translation to the local language or editing of the vacancy is permitted.
Note: only for Badghis local eligible candidates.