- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 3 - 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Not specified
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference FMFB-HR-0059-2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 18, 2021
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A’s vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With nearly 1,500 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one woman only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 197,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and deposit values reach to over AFN 4.5 billion and AFN 7.6 billion, respectively.
Design, implement and manage investments Based on investment policies, guidelines, and processes that will prudently achieve market rate of return on invested Islamic funds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Review all loan file under appraisals of the loan section, evaluate the quality of appraisal and make sure that focal objectives of the credit appraisal are to study the viability of the applicant’s business plan, repayment capacity, financial projections, market strategy, security.
2. Monitor the process of loan sanctioning ensuring that all Finances are sanctioned based on qualified information, underlying security and third-party guarantee.
3. Review the internal compliance in the course of lending with bank internal policy, products requirement and eligibility criteria set out by the Islamic Banking for the loan applicants.
4. Develop a plan to achieve Islamic Banking portfolio targets. Get the plan approved by the Head of Islamic banking.
5. Monitor the application, preparation and disbursement for new loans
6. Conduct frequent field visits to clients
7. Prepare and compile a weekly report for the Head of Islamic banking on the progress of the credit operations
8. Report all violation of loan agreement by clients Identify cause of the breach and recommend a response to the head of Islamic banking.
9. Evaluate the credit risk of clients
10. Collects financial information and to make it accessible by building financial statements which are then to be analyzed
11. Conducts financial appraisal and collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties
12. Prepare the documentation for and send recommendation to the Credit committee
13. the Investment manager will provide analytical briefings to the Management of Islamic Banking, in order to enable them properly understand and comprehend the lending
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economic, Finance, Accounting, Islamic banking Knowledge is preferable
Experience: 3-5 years Investment and Islamic finance or Credit experience with a recognized financial institution.
Islamic banking experience is preferable.
· Excellent written and verbal communication Skills
· Thorough knowledge of Islamic Baking industry
· Proficiency in local languages and English
· Some Knowledge of investment and Islamic financing industry
· Computer Knowledge
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (email@example.com).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID and the location of position as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.