- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale Grade D/Step (1-5)
- Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference COMAC-3429
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 30, 2021
- Education Bachelor's Degree
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Blumont’s Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) program provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families suffering from military operations by delivering direct and indirect assistance, building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), advocacy, and outreach.
To build a sustainable base for VA in Afghanistan, COMAC focuses on building the capacity of GIRoA, especially MoLSAMD’s Martyrs and Disabled Division (MDD), as the main governmental entity for VA services while also addressing the broader challenges of collecting and managing data, national- and provincial-level stakeholder coordination, resource mobilization, enacting rights-based legislation and policies, and the systemic inclusion of victims and mainstreaming VA across sectors and programs. Capacity building efforts include participatory capacity assessments and workshops, reinforcing knowledge transfer for sustainability, coordinating with relevant service providers, and institutionalizing capacity building for the future. Together, these efforts touch on individual, organizational, and institutional levels.
The Inventory and logistics Officer will report directly to the Senior Procurement and Logistic Manager. Specific job duties will include but not be limited to the following activities:
Specific Job (Inventory) Functions:
- Implement all activities pertaining to Asset & Inventory Management in-line with Blumont-COMAC policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for movement of all inventory in coordination with other departments.
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Maintain COMAC Asset list and ensure accurate recording of any new assets procured directly by the program or received from USAID or other Implementing Partners
- Ensure purchased asset and inventory are entered into the asset or inventory Tracker before dispatching to requester
- Ensure all Support office assets are placed on the standard Blumont inventory template and that asset accountability forms are signed for all assets issued
- Reviews and approves COMAC Asset list; oversees and ensures all activities pertaining to Asset & Inventory Management in-line with Blumont-COMAC policies and procedures
- Responsible for payment follow up of Travel and shipments.
- Share monthly, an accurate COMAC Asset list and Inventory report with the Senior Procurement and Logistics Manager and reconcile with Finance Dept.
- Prepare and review timely Master Asset Inventory List.
- Managing the inventory dispositions Prepare consent (request) letter for USAID asset transfer to other organization
- Assist to prepare Transfer Agreement and Act of Acceptance for dispassion of assets
- Periodically conduct asset physical count verification
- Find and investigate the discrepancies in physical inventory and inventory record/report and report them.
- Keep accurate track of issued IT equipment to COMAC staff and ensure that confirmation sheet is signed by both the receiver and the person issuing the asset
- Travel and accommodation arrangements for COMAC staff
- Arrange shipment of original document form Kabul to Jordon
- Conduct Market survey for procurement needs
- Issue and/or receive quotations from the market for micro purchases
- Payment clearance for micro purchasing
- Assist the procurement staff when required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of relevant experience in inventory management.
- Experience on donor-funded programs required, and previous experience on USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory, logistics and procurement regulations required
- Fluency in written and verbal English required. Strong writing skills also required.
- Excellent computers skills, particularly with MS- Office Package.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment
- Attention to detail
- Proven organizational and administrative management skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships between work units and departments
- Strong communication skills verbal and written; fluent written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto.
- Ability to develop policy and procedure guidelines
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure
- Excellent critical thinking, decision making and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity, independence and initiative
- Strong customer service and ability to work quickly under deadlines
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply