- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Scale
- Address Kabul (with frequent travel to provinces)
- Years of Experience • At least 5 years of financial and project management experience out of which 2 years should be in Audit.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 31 Dec 2022 (with 3 months probationary period)
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HR1062-AFGA/140
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required. ACCA or CA qualification is highly preferred.
- close Date August 15, 2022
About Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA:
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, not-for-profit and non-political organization established in 1968. AFGA has been working in the field of Reproductive health and Rights since its inception and has recently become an associate member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
AFGA activities were suspended due to war and conflict in the country for ten years (1992-2002) and resumed its activities in 2002 with financial support from International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
IPPF is an alliance of 151 family planning associations known as Member Associations which has projects in over 180 countries. IPPF continues to be the largest civil society provider of reproductive health information and services in the world.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Internal Auditor is responsible for timely conducting internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan and internal audit manual, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects. The purpose of this role is to provide advisory services to AFGA that support effective governance, accountability, performance and sustainability by: a) analyzing and assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the operational systems and processes; and b) ensuring the reliability of financial reporting and compliance with AFGA policies, procedure and Afghanistan laws and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Plan, Evaluate and Improve Controls and Risk Management Processes:
- Develop the Internal Audit Manual in coordination with AFGA Senior Management Team (SMT) and consultation with CEO
- Develop detailed audit plans, as per the IA Manual, to follow a system which ensures that all major risks are identified and analyzed, on frequent basis;
- Evaluate and examine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and systems to protect AFGA’s assets and resources;
- Review and check accounting entries (income and expenditures), to ensure its consistency and accuracy with the financial reports prepared by Finance department staff and in line with the project/programs budget.
- Coach the AFGA staff throughout the audit/review to ensure conformity with applicable policies and procedures;
- Visit Regional Offices and service delivery points and report any issues or deviations from protocols and procedures;
- Analyze possible risks to AFGA operations, staff and resources, recommend mitigations and present them to SMT for discussion.
- Maintain risk register at AFGA, update it frequently and submit to CEO for his considerations and presentation to Board of Directors
- Verify the Fixed Asset Register after physical Fixed Asset Check and report on findings.
- Check the accuracy of withholding taxes, its recording in the system and its payment.
- Provide assistance to external auditors as required.
Reports and Follow Ups:
- Prepare comprehensive written reports outlining audit findings, control weaknesses, observations and remedial actions and recommendations that should be taken;
- Follow-up to determine adequacy of corrective actions along with recommendations for further improvements;
- Conduct audit follow up visits to determine the implementation of earlier findings and recommendations;
- Attend SMT and any other meetings as per CEO’s direction, to present internal audit findings and recommendations;
- Perform any other M&E related tasks assigned by the CEO;
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required. ACCA or CA qualification is highly preferred.
- At least 5 years of financial and project management experience out of which 2 years should be in Audit.
- Pashto, Dari and English languages fluency, and the ability to write excellent documents in English.
- Should be able to travel to project sites in the provinces.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Excellent report writing and analyzing skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accept challenges
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs along with a Cover letter to Vacancies@afga.org.af and no later than (August 15, 2022), please mention position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email, applications received with the proper subject line will be disqualified from the process.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications are accepted in English and shortlisted candidates will be contacted only. Submission after the deadline will not be considered.