- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 3 - 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference ADF-115
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date October 12, 2022
About Agricultural Development Fund:
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) will act as a second-tier wholesale lending institution that will lend to intermediaries in the agricultural value chain, who will then on-lend to small commercial farmers, defined as farmers with 1-30 hectares. ADF is capitalized by a $100 million grant provided by the United States Government to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan with the objective of increasing lending to the agriculture sector in order to create a more competitive agriculture sector through expanded agricultural production and increased incomes for agricultural households. ADF will lend directly and indirectly to banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions, microfinance institutions and non-financial intermediaries such as private farmer associations, farm stores, agricultural depots, food processors, agribusinesses and other market participants and informal providers of finance that support the development of agricultural value chains in Afghanistan and are able to enhance the supply of agricultural credit to the end-borrowers at the farm level. Until its transition to the Government of Afghanistan in 2014, the ADF is managed by the Agriculture Credit Enhancement (ACE) program a USAID contract.
The Internal Auditor reports to the Internal Audit Manager and supports all Pre-Audit and Audit activities according to both Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) Policies and Procedures and ADF Compliance and Audit Manual. The Internal Auditor will consider, during his interventions, the Afghanistan Rules and Regulations and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Best Practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing the policies and procedures to identify process gaps and control lapses.
- Conducting internal control / system reviews of the activities / processes and / or conducting investigations and preparing report of the findings & recommendations.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Carrying out risk assessments and report the results to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Manage audits / reviews in line with the approved Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Reviewing the working papers for audits / investigations / reviews conducted to ensure their completeness and accuracy and confirm that the same is in accordance with the IIA standards.
- Preparing / reviewing and finalizing of internal audit reports.
- Follow-up on issues identified during audits / reviews / visits.
- Preparation of internal audit presentations for FAC.
- Undertake professional development activities and acquire and disseminate knowledge and participate in the profession-related seminars / workshops.
- Review of Internal Audit checklists and other key working papers to ensure complete and appropriate coverage of Internal Audit procedures.
- Finalizing internal audit reports / audit ratings and presenting the same to FAC.
- Provide fair and balanced insights into current, emerging, and potential issues, trends and opportunities that are aimed at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of management and control processes.
- Visiting the regional offices according to the Annual Audit Plan and carry out internal audit missions as per the Internal Audit Plan.
- Executing the risk assessments and internal audit activities in accordance with the assigned mandate.
- Bachelors in business administration with a specialization in Finance and Accounting from an accredited university or another relevant field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an equivalent position.
- Having good knowledge of IFRS and IAS.
- Excellent Language proficiency in spoken and written Pashto, Dari, and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills -Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all project teams
- Ability to work under pressure
All interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number ( ADF – 115) in the subject line before the closing date to the below email address.