- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 3 - 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Not specified
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference PS-007/2023
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date September 28, 2023
We are a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and developmental organization working to improve the lives of the Afghan people since 1984. We address the acute needs of the most vulnerable and support early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We align our work to the specific needs and priorities of the Afghan communities.
The Internal Audit Officer will be responsible to assist the Senior Internal Audit Officer for carrying out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the internal controls of DACAAR
Duties & Responsibilities
· Design Audit program and compliance checklists when as required.
· Gain an understanding of risk areas, their impacts and provide recommendations for improvement.
· Inspect account books, statements, ledgers, and accounting systems for efficiency and use of accepted accounting procedures (GAAP, IFRS).
· Assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations to management.
· Reviewing the financial records of DACAAR to detect any irregularities that may indicate fraudulent activity.
· Obtain, analyses and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
· Perform audits of cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fix assets, operating expenses, & payroll expenses.
- Liaison with all the business functions of the organization which includes HR, Finance Admin, Program & operations etc to gather data and information for audit requirements.
· Conducting internal audits to test the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with DACAAR policies, donor regulations and relevant applicable laws in Afghanistan.
· Assist in the preparation of audit and investigation reports.
· Assist in completion of special audit requests and projects as directed by Senior Internal Audit Officer.
· Follow up implementation of agreed audit recommendations closely.
· Keep up to date with donor regulations, through reading donor rules and regulations and other relevant sources of information.
- Following guidelines and making use of templates when making documents, letters, memos, presentations; looking for improvements in layout and structure of documents.
- Preparing presentations, collecting documents, filing and providing general administrative support where necessary.
- Structuring time and identifying priorities in the day’s work, getting things done adapting spontaneously to constraints or changes in the environment (workload, operational needs).
· Perform other tasks commensurate with the level of job, as instructed by the Sr. Officer/Director.
- The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
Any other tasks assign by the Supervisor
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance is required. ACCA or CIA part Qualified is preferred.
Experience: At least 3-5 years’ Significant work experience in Audit with the International NGOs/Audit Firm
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
· Exceptional accounting skills.
· Knowledge of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of IIA is required.
· Proven working knowledge of all applicable auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and
· Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
· Good analytical and communications skills
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office and databases.
Languages: Oral and written fluency in(English, Dari, Pashto)
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 10 days of public holidays per year
· Pick and drop Allowance AFN (2000)/month
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Vacancy Number will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org