- Salary Offer NTA Salary Scale (Grade C, Step 1-3)
- Years of Experience 5 years plus relevant experience is required
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 31 December 2022 with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 35197
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree Holder
- close Date November 29, 2022
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Serve as the primary person responsible for ensuring the availability of protection trends analyses and dashboards from protection monitoring data and other program data, which includes quantitative and qualitative data, and ad hoc basis as required.
- Manage protection-related feedback and complaints in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation team and Integrated Protection Managers.
- Support field teams to maintain a high standard of data protection and confidentiality of beneficiaries and of the staff involved in data collection.
- Ensure safe protection of data, create, and maintain confidential databases, manage hard copies where applicable, and train Protection staff on safe data protection and management.
- Ensure data received from the field teams is correctly entered into the program trackers on a weekly basis – gather, consolidate, clarify errors and clear the program data.
- Ensure accurate and regular data entry and review, including robust analysis and identification of trends, following the Protection information management protocols and standards set out by the Information Management systems.
- Share the weekly updated program data and indicator tracker with the relevant managers e.g. CP Manager, PRoL Managers etc, alongside a brief trends analysis report on cases documented to guide protection activities and informed programming.
- Ensure all hard copy of case management and Integrated Protection activities files are securely stored (i.e. in strong lockable file cabinets where appropriate).
- In collaboration with respective protection managers, build the capacity of Senior Officers and Officers, Protection Monitors on how to access, and use protection-related databases and information management tools as required.
- Coordinate with Senior Officers and Officers on standardizing internal reporting under the guidance of PRoL Coordinator and Managers.
- Develop, establish, maintain, and continuously improve protection reporting and information management processes.
- Ensure submission of monthly program data and indicator tracking reports and analysis to the Protection Managers, in-line with data safety and ethical standards.
- Support the compilation, editing, and writing of monthly and quarterly program reports using assigned templates, including collating reports from field staff, and producing final information products.
- Contribute to relevant protection reports, factsheets, summaries, and dashboards.
- Ensure timely reporting into the Afghanistan Protection Cluster Mechanism including Report Hub on a monthly basis.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly protection monitoring data to the PRoL Coordinator.
- Provide support to the Protection Admin Senior Officer in following up time sheets for the Integrated Protection team at the end of the month and submit to HR/finance.
- Provide support to the Protection Admin Senior Officer with tracking of all staff leave requests, vacation plans, and monthly balances; report adherence to leave planning to Managers monthly.
- Provide support to the Protection Admin Senior Officer with the preparation and organization of trainings, workshops, and other events.
- Provide support to the Protection Admin Senior Officer to follow up, compile, and monitor the submission of weekly work plans from officers on a weekly basis.
- Provide support to the Protection Admin Senior Officer to follow up and monitor BVA and procurement tracking
- Other duties as assigned by the coordinator.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor/PRoL Coordinator
- A university degree in Computer Science \ Information Technology \ Information Management or relevant studies.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in information management, database management/Administration, data visualization, or data analysis.
- Demonstrable experience in the field of humanitarian protection with a humanitarian organization.
- Strong understanding of accountability and proven ability to build client feedback systems.
- Ability to organize and manage data, while adhering to data protection principles.
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Computer proficient, with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point including online communication platform such as Zoom, or Microsoft team
- Knowledge of Kobo, PowerBi, Commcare and /or ODK is mandatory GIS and other software tools are additional assets.
- Experience in report writing
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Fluent in written and spoken Dari or Pashto.
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline