- Salary Offer As per NRC salary scale
- Address Kabul Country Office
- Years of Experience 3-5 years of relevant experience from working ICT field in a humanitarian, INGO, UN agencies.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Till the end of Dec, 2022
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-2022-0175
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s in IT, Computer Science or any relevant ICT field.
- close Date August 10, 2022
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
The purpose of the ICT Officer position is to provide support on specific technical competences related to program and support development.
- Adherence with NRC policies, procedure, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- The ICT Officer will work in Support Office according to and as reflected in objectives and goals stated in project description and budgets to donors and in line with NRC policy program as well as with current plan of Action and strategy work taking place in SO.
- Should Respect deadline.
- Provide full IT support for NRC Networks throughout NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Office and Guesthouses.
- Provide network solutions for NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Main Office & Guesthouse – domain organization, Active Directory structure, remote control/support, firewall, antivirus installation and other relevant software & hardware.
- Pro-actively recognize requirements of NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Main Office & Guesthouse employees and provide training for network users.
- ongoing network implementation occasioned by opening/closing of NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Main Office & Guesthouse.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor and IT department.
- Analysis of problems, finding and delivering permanent solutions to problems, pro-actively troubleshooting and providing durable solutions to re-current problems.
- Submission of both weekly and monthly work plan & reports on all activities achieved during the past month/week.
- Ensures IT procedures & policy are followed in NRC Afghanistan, Kabul Main Office & Guesthouse.
- Maintain IT equipment and software inventory weekly and report to ICT coordinator.
- Filing IT item damage reports.
- Handover of IT items; managing IT stock; taking the repairable IT items to workshop.
- Back-up of data regularly/systems and maintain backup for all ICT services and equipment.
- Contacting IT focal point in NRC Afghanistan, Kabul office for support and follow ups.
- Online control of IT system in NRC Kabul Main Office.
- Access points, Routers, Switches, Print servers trouble shooting & configurations
- Trouble shooting and protection the NRC network systems against Mal wares, ad wares, Malicious & virus’ and also physical security of the equipment.
- Implement and administer the office network according to HQ Field IT Policies and Procedures
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
- Provide first level Help Desk support to all office staff and refer unsolved issues to HQ Field IT for second level support
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Configure and install workstations, printers, client software and hardware etc.
- Make sure all ICT equipment are functional.
- Regular service and maintenance of ICT Accessories in quarterly.
- The IT Officer shall come over the weekends/after or before working hours when and if required to troubleshoot IT problems.
- Monitoring the signal strength for the Office & guest houses internet connections.
- Provide basic training/induction to end users on both hardware and applicable software.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Bachelor’s in IT, Computer Science or any relevant ICT field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience from working ICT field in a humanitarian, INGO, UN agencies.
- MCSE, MSCA, CCNA, CompTIA, MCP will be plus point.
- Good knowledge of English
- Must be Afghan National
- Bachelor’s in IT or any relevant ICT field
- Very good knowledge and understanding of Windows 2012, 2016, 2019 Server, Active Directory, windows domain environment – DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, remote control, Dell/HP, Cisco, Networking. Back up data system.
- A+ Hardware with Networking.
- Information and Cyber Security.
- Good knowledge of anti-virus and Cisco firewall software
- Good Knowledge of Cisco & Microsoft network environment.
- understanding of other IT matters – Office 365, 2016 & 2019, windows 10, e-mail PST, OST, File knowledge
- Having Ability to install and working with different Operating systems, software & Hardware.
- Good communication, Organizational, team working and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English language – written and spoken (fluent), Pashto and Dari
- Critical Thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.