- Salary Offer As per NRC salary scale
- Experience 2 years working experience in Protection or legal assistance implementation position.
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 30-Sep-2022 (extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA-2022-010
- Gender Male
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 26, 2022
- Education University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, or a related field and a thorough knowledge of Afghan law. Holding Legal Defense License from Afghanistan Independent Bar Association is an asset
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Development of holistic and needs based programs, including cash-based interventions and marked based programs
- Provide legal information, counseling and assistance to displaced affected people in accordance with the ICLA strategy, project documents, and applicable laws and procedures.
- Identify and select beneficiaries, collecting relevant documents (copies of claim files, customary or title deeds, client request form, NRC contract with client, village leader certification or any other relevant documents).
- Enter all activity information into ICLA electronic database and maintain hard copies of all means of verification documents.
- Conduct legal awareness sessions for beneficiaries in communities, in hard-to-reach areas and/or at border areas.
- Assist officers in legal cases including in the preparation of petitions and lawsuits, defense letters or any other legal letter if requested by clients in accordance with laws. Where appropriate, and under the supervision of the Officer and Coordinator, represent clients in their legal case.
- Assist officers in the preparation and execution of capacity building trainings as per project documents.
- Provide individual counselling services to beneficiaries per ICLA standards and report outcomes, challenges, and progress to direct line of supervision.
- Collaborating with ICLA Officer in uploading the Methods of Verifications to the monitoring and evaluation tracker on a regular basis.
- Preparing and presenting the weekly and monthly progress report to the ICLA Officer on a timely manner.
- Conduct legal research and analysis as assigned by the Officer, Coordinator or Project Manager.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- At least 2 years’ experience from working in a Protection or legal assistance implementation position.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project activities.
- University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, or a related field and a thorough knowledge of Afghan law.
- Holding Legal Defense License from Afghanistan Independent Bar Association is an asset
- English (Fluency in Ready, Writing and Understanding)
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
Only those who closely meet the job requirement will be informed.
Use Online Application Form