- Salary Offer As Per Organization Salary scale
- Experience 3 years experience in humanitarian projects with NGOs/NGOs
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Type Not specified
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 2200002P
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 18, 2022
- Education Bachelor degree in Environmental Sciences or related field
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has worked in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers.
ROLE PURPOSE: The central role of this job holder is to contribute to the planning and implementation of BHA project, as well as providing administrative and logistical support during project implementation process. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all BHA and Emergency response activities under BHA-funded in Afghanistan.
Under the overall supervision of the Humanitarian BHA Coordinator, the Humanitarian Project Officer will be responsible for implementation of project activities. He/she will support the project coordinator to implement and supervise the activities with the involved- local stakeholders in targeted communities and areas.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
• The Humanitarian project officer will report and work under the direct supervision of HFP and BHA provincial coordinator.
• He/she will work closely with Program coordinator to implement all project objectives.
• He/she will coordinate daily, weekly and monthly work schedules/plan for the BHA project and Humanitarian responses.
• Support project coordinator on planning, implementation, and monitoring of all project components within the program/project with consideration to social behavior change theories and practices, ensuring consideration to COVID-19 prevention and response.
• Collect field information and prepare periodic reports for programme and project activities.
• He/She will support the project coordinator in all phases of project coordination and hum-coordination meetings and minutes of the meetings.
• Ensure the adequate and timely preparation of weekly and monthly reports.
• Provide support for preparing of NFI requests to SCI office according to the needs of beneficiaries by close cooperation with logistic and project staff.
• Compile all required data and progress reports from field levels.
• In the event of a new emergency, collect initial information from government, other NGOs and local partners regarding the issues.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Provide technical assistance to other program when requested by supervisor.
• Represent SC in Project or BHA Coordination/stakeholders meetings and workshops at provincial level or when requested by supervisor.
• Any other tasks given by supervisor.
• Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
• Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
• innovative solutions for problem in field and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
• Other duties as directed.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Diploma from general education and preferably bachelor from Environment protection or social science.
• Should have the skills in writing the reports and have good communication skills in English, and local language is essential.
• Ability to multi task, prioritize daily work assignments and manage of time.
• Should be ready to travel to field in the rural areas.
• Should have the ability to work closely with the all stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 3 year work experience in humanitarian and Emergency response field.
• Computer literacy, especially in MS Office software.
• Excellent communicationn skills including local languages, English reporting skill and being a good team player.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Good communication skills
• Problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
• Representation skills
• Computer literate
• English proficiency in both speaking and writing
• At least two years of experience in the relevant fields
• Knowledge in conducting training and capacity building,
• Strong experience in and familiarity with protection and gender-related issues.
• Basic understanding of COVID19 virus
• Good organization, planning and reporting skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skill
• Good team interaction and positive attitude
• Familiar with Word, Excel, and Skype
• Ability to communication English languages is an asset
• Fluent in local language (both written and spoken)
• Familiar with the area of SC-AF provinces
• Experience in project with community hygiene promotion and handwashing demonstration
• Experience in project with hygiene kit distribution
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.
Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
“Save the Children strongly encourages applications from women. Minimum country requirements for potential female applicants will be followed.”