- Salary Offer As per NCA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience At least three years of experience in the area of humanitarian assistance and managing DRR, emergency response, and WASH Projects.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed-Term Contract
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference #76
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Degree in relief related subjects (Civil engineering, water management, disaster management, environmental science, and community development).
- close Date December 10, 2022
NCA is one of the largest aid organisations in the Nordic region. We are there in disasters and emergencies to provide water and critical assistance to those affected. Together with our international network, we can reach millions of people each year and help make a positive difference around the world. We are determined to work towards eradicating injustice, and we therefore work passionately with advocacy, long-term development in local communities and providing emergency assistance. As we see more and more people impacted by disasters, we now have an even stronger focus on providing more people with emergency relief and access to clean water. We believe that people in need must be helped, and we will not stop fighting for a just world.
List of the main tasks and responsibilities for this position (supervisory responsibilities, etc.):
Project Management and Delivery
- Ensure the project activities are aligned and adhering to the project outcomes and outputs, ensuring that project implementation plans are in place and required measures to effectively deliver project activities are reflected in the plan.
- Ensure that project delivery issues are identified and effective coordination and implementation of projects within the NCA programes department, NCA partners, and other stakeholders are taken.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues such as gender, climate change, environment and disaster risk reduction are considered by respective CSO partners
- Ensure that partners coordinate and collaborate with their respective provincial and local counterparts, stakeholders and national, provincial and local government line agencies and authorities
- Ensure Humanitarian Program CSO partners project proposal adhere with NCA’s Humanitarian program strategy and technical approaches
- Provide technical support to CSO partners in working with community elders, WASH committees, and the inclusion of women and youth in Emergency WASH programming including various WASH initiatives; cash programming either in cash for work and unconditional cash transfer
- Lead in building the knowledge, skills and technical capacity of CSO partners in Emergency WASH, Emergency Shelter and NFI, and implementation of water supply projects in targeted provinces.
- Lead in developing Humanitarian training materials, and technical manuals that can be used by CSO partners as reference material.
- Collaborate with partners in organizing advocacy platforms and provide oversight in advocacy initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance to CSO partners in responding to evolving needs; enable partners to manage challenges brought about by changing needs; ensure that programe is contextually relevant and take timely and appropriate actions to address issues
- Support partners in record keeping and conducting risk analysis as well as in developing mitigation measures.
- Contribute to developing a project monitoring plan and conduct regular monitoring visits of project sites to ensure project activities are on track.
- Conduct joint monitoring visit with partners and create a learning opportunity for respective partners.
- Communicate and follow-up findings of monitoring visit with CSO partners.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visit
Reporting and Communication
- Write high-quality narrative reports capturing results and projects accomplishments
- Review reports and ensure that information and data reflected in the reports are correct; the reports are of high quality; accomplishments, challenges, lesson learns, and all required data are reflected.
- Review, edit and produce high-quality case/change stories
- Ensure CSO partners are communicating and sharing information promptly.
OTHER DUTIES / FUNCTIONS ASSIGNED TO THE POSITION
- Support the Humanitarian Programs Coordinator in fundraising initiatives by contributing to concept notes development, writing good quality change stories and documenting project achievements.
- Contribute to developing an organizational culture that reflects NCA’s mission, vision and core values, promotes accountability and high-quality performance; encourages a culture of learning, creativity and innovation.
- Support Humanitarian Program Team in effective implementation of all Humanitarian Projects, and ensure timely follow up of project activities, and support implementing partners during project implementation.
- Take up other tasks that may be assigned by the line manager or by management to support organizational goals and needs.
Required tertiary education (level, field), relevant certifications and other formal training:
- Degree in relief related subjects (Civil engineering, water management, disaster management, environmental science, and community development).
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects in Emergency WASH, Emergency Shelter and NFI, Cash programming (Cash for Work and unconditional cash transfer), Disaster Risk Reduction (.Disaster Planning and Contingency Planning).
Required competencies, work experience and proven results from previous positions:
- At least three years of experience in the area of humanitarian assistance and managing DRR, emergency response, and WASH Projects.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing emergency WASH, DRR, emergency response Projects with an International NGOs.
- Proven track record in proposal development.
Communication & Behavirol Skills:
- Can effectively communicate in English and local language.
- Excellent report writing skills and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, good strategic planning abilities, and good time management and organisational skills.
- Willing to travel to project areas.
- Has an eye on detail, development oriented, analytical thinking, and creative thinking.
- Has pleasant interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
Applications will only be accepted via the following link:
NCA does not charge or have any registered agents for job application or any form of paid priority listing. Application through the supplied web link is completely free.