- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Permanent
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference WCUK-124
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 15, 2021
- Education Bachelor Degree
About War Child UK:
War Child was established in 1993 as a response to the brutal effects of conflict on children during the Balkans war. We are currently operational in Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Central African Republic. War Child UK started its operation in the Western Region of Afghanistan in 2003 working in three (3) thematic areas namely Education, Protection and Livelihood. War Child UK’s main office is located in Kabul and a sub-office in Herat.
You are an important member of the Afghanistan SMT and will lead on Manage the recruitment and selection process for new staff, Recruit for and develop a functioning HR team ,Review and update HR policies and procedures, Ensuring issues related to human resources are resolved in a timely and effective manner
Human resources administration & policy
- Advise on, monitor, and present HR policies across the Afghanistan country program
- Update organizational HR policies and procedures in line with employment law and best practice
- Provide leadership and direction for the implementation of remuneration programs and policies, provide oversight for analysis and recommendations for benefits and compensation related budget initiatives
- Develop and monitor Equal Opportunities & Diversity
- Provide strategic advice on HR and facility management matters to the Country Director
- Ensure that the National Staff HRM policies are in place and adhered to
- Ensure proper HR administration with policies and practices in line with local legislation
- Support the senior management team with complex HR issues
- Provide training, capacity building and guidance to human resources staff
- Ensures consistent application and execution of War Child’s policies in hiring, termination, Disciplinary & Grievance
- Advise on terms and conditions of employment
- Manage, develop and support HR staff through a performance-based line-management system, dealing effectively with any performance issues.
- Delegation of roles, tasks and duties in order to achieve the objectives of the HR department
- Manage staff by guiding, coaching, instructing and motivating
- Develop staff within and outside the HR team
- Advise on visas and travel arrangement bookings for UK and international staff
- Book and arrange inductions, travel for any newly recruited international staff
Processes & reporting
- Manage induction process for new starters, including briefings on Child safeguarding policy
- Create and maintain staff folders and HR Database, ensuring compliance with data protection
- Manage annual leave system and other staff leave
- Manage performance management processes
- Advise on disciplinary and grievance matters where required
- Procurement Management
- Develop, review, and improve procurement systems, policies, and procedures.
- Supervises logistic and procurement team on all matter related to the delivery of procurement and logistic support services.
- Full compliance of procurement activities with WCUK rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation criteria, quality and performance measurement mechanisms;
- Provide training to the staff in the use of WCUK procurement systems as necessary.
- Support the procurement focal person in Identifying and qualify potential suppliers (and products/services) through market research efforts.
- Ensure that beneficial, ethical and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies
- Any other related tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- At least 5 Years of experience in HR management, with demonstrable knowledge and hands-on experience of best practice, policies and procedures
- Bachelor degree in HR or other related fields (Master are preferred)
- Knowledge of HR in the international charity sector, experience of working for an international non-governmental organization.
- Prior experience in implementation of remuneration programs and policies
- Previous experience of line management, and a strong understanding of the principles of good performance management, appraisal and development
- Experience advising and processing benefit information and payroll
- Policy implementation, improvement and recommendation
- A result oriented and problem solving approach to work challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and the ability to build effective working relationships
- Able to process and articulate complexity in a clear and coherent way
- Accurate, systematic, with an eye for detail
- Able to work in a small, dynamic organization with limited resources
- Flexible and willing to support others
- Highly organized and a self-starter, with the ability to priorities tasks and deadlines
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Effectively plan, organize and manage resources
- Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions independently
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Please send motivation letter, CV to RecruitmentAfg@warchild.org.uk before the closing date.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number in the Subject Line (HR/Procurement Manager VA# WCUK-124) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for written test and interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, vetting check, be compliant and sign up to War Child’s Child Safeguarding Policy, anti-bribery policy, code of conduct and other War Child’s policies prior to a final offer being made.
- WCUK is an equal opportunity employer and female are highly encouraged to apply.