- Salary Offer As per organizational Scale
- Years of Experience - At least 3 years’ experience in relevant field in governmental or non-governmental organizations.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 5 Months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0221-28-2022-IMC-KBL
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education - MD/Nurse, graduated from recognized medical faculty/institute.
- close Date August 8, 2022
About International Medical Corps:
international Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
This position is depends on grand approval by IMC Roster
SCOPE OF WORK:
The HMIS/MEAL Officer works at Balkht office and must have the qualification and experiences of managing HMIS related activities including activities report, data entry, monthly and quarterly report of BPHS/PHC Projects, report writing and training for at least two years monitoring and evaluation, supervision, and fluently in Dari/Pashto and English languages. She/he is responsible for the project M&E and HMIS related activities.
- To set HMIS target for the hospital team in consultation with technical officer and Project Officer/Medical Coordinator and will see the progress during supervision.
- To request HMIS tools based on the need of the project and supply HMIS tools to Kod-e-barq hospital.
- Supervise and train HF staff on HMIS (filling, reporting etc.)
- To draft M&E/HMIS and supervision plan with Technical Officer and Project Officer and do follow up of the M&E/HMIS plan.
- Supervise all Health activities and provide on the job training.
- Collect, compile, and analyze the HMIS data and submit monthly HMIS reports to IMC country office and PHD Nuristan.
- Ensure rational use of drugs (RUD) at IMC supported health facilities.
- Monitor and verify the data obtained.
- To ensure availability of HMIS tools, guidelines in the health facilities in Nuristan.
- To provide written feedback on HMIS report to the Technical team.
- To help with Project relevant staff in drafting of Monthly, Quarterly, interim and final reports of the project.
- Participate in PHCC and HMIS subcommittee meetings.
- Write minutes of the meeting.
- To participate in training workshop as trainer.
- To conduct HMIS training workshop to the HFs staffs.
- To actively participates in designing and conduction of surveys.
- On time provision of the information needed by MoPH, PHD and IMC.
- Attend meeting in IMC and with other stakeholders in Balkh.
- Provide month (or need based week/daily) report to Project Manager.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Follow IMC’s established policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative works/ performance.
- Identify and make decision to solve immediately any problem which interferes in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objectives and provide report to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Close follow up for all feedback given from other parties to said project
- Adhere to IMC SEA, Safeguarding and Anti-Corruption policies and immediately report any suspected case of SEA, Safeguarding and corruption or breach of CoC.
- Field visits to the sites to check and monitor the stocks condition and share reports with program.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results and share progress updates with program on weekly and monthly basis.
- Update and share PMT tools Balkh office and updates tri-net database on a regular base after conducting beneficiaries training.
- Abide by all rules, policies and procedures of IMC and comply with and implement all IMC M&E policies, procedures, principles and processes.
Safeguarding policy for Staff:
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm and exploit children, young people, and adult at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adult caused by staff and program.
- MD/Nurse, graduated from recognized medical faculty/institute.
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant field in governmental or non-governmental organizations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Excel and internet is required.
- Good communication skills and strong local language correspondence skill.
- Fluently English, DARI and Pashtu speaking /writing skills are required.
- Ability to write logical, clear and concise reports.
- Ability to develop logical framework and M&E plan for new projects
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English
- Demonstrated ability in M&E tool development and analysis
- Ability to work under difficult circumstances
- He/she works as an active member of the team.
- Excellent computer skills (word, excel, power point)
- Presentation skills
- Planning and reporting skills
- Travel to insecure areas on need basis
Important Point: You will be asked to travel or can be deployed in anywhere within the program area to perform services. There may be some insecure areas where you may need to travel and perform the activity without any hesitation in coordination with security department.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.