- Salary Offer As per organization salary policy
- Years of Experience Five years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Project Base
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HNTPO-07-19-20/1
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree, preferably master degree in relevant field
- close Date February 26, 2024
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all.
HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are Malaria Control program,SEHATMANDI projects in four provinces, nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach
HealthNet TPO has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. HNITPO takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving HNITPO employees and Related Personnel.
- Provide direction to and manage HIS/M&E department.
- Lead and oversee the design and maintenance of the DHIS2
- Coordinate all M&E activities related to program performance within the HealthNet TPO to ensure timely and reliable information for planning and decision making.
- Coordinate all M&E activities (regular project monitoring, and midterm and final evaluations) with HealthNet TPO partners to fill in gaps, maintain consistencies and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Train M&E department staff in data collection, analysis, data management and reporting.
- Lead baseline assessment and data quality assurance surveys and supervises all central and project M&E staff.
- Coordinate M&E issues with MoPH M&E section, national programs, project subcontracts, sub-recipients and external agencies such as CSOs, WHO, UN agencies and others on sharing information and coordinating activities.
- Advice and keeping update various HealthNet TPO programs and sections on matters related to standards of M&E of the health systems within which they function.
- Maintain and oversee the management and operational structures, processes and procedures, for all data management and information use structures within the HealthNet TPO.
- Ensure development of indicators and tools for measurement of quality standards and identify sources for measurement of these indicators.
- Communicating results and findings, based on evidences, to the MoPH, donors, national programs, PPHOs, subcontracts, sub-recipients and HealthNet TPO leadership and senior management.
- Plan and organize training and regular information sharing and use workshops inviting HealthNet TPO all stockholders.
- Provide technical support to all M&E department staff and current programs to ensure standardized and quality information.
- Regular travel (10 days per month) either with the M&E team or independently to ensure that regular monitoring and supervision of provincial staff and provincial activities take place in HealthNet TPO working area (provinces).
- Develop or use a standard monitoring tool, in close collaboration with M&E department of the MoPH, and other stakeholders M&E sections.
- Take part in overall project design framework, analysis, assessments, strategies and reflective practices.
- Closely work with the Program Director, program managers and M&E department staff.
- Work with the HealthNet TPO programme managers to ensure that existing and proposed project designs have clear logical frameworks, defined monitoring plans, including indicators that accurately reflect project logic.
- Develop M&E plan for each single project of the concerned program and update M&E frameworks which provide sufficient detail on monitoring their performance, including what will be monitored, how, when, and by whom.
- Support projects in developing sound data collection tools, including baseline surveys that can provide accurate and timely info on project indicators and other info needs.
- Assist projects in identify their major M&E needs and provide support and technical assistance to projects during key M&E events, such as baseline survey development and analysis, mid-term and final evaluations, to address the needs.
- Oversee setup and support data management and reporting system for both project level and field level for best efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate on behalf of HealthNet TPO in appropriate M&E technical meetings and conferences.
- Undertake regular supervision of the grant projects to understand the scope of work and scale of project activities, the interest and capacities of the project implementation partners and the relative achievement of project activities.
- Afghan National
- Bachelor degree in relavent field. Master in degree in the relevant field is preferred.
- At least five years experience in public health, analysis of public health data and management of HMIS at the organization level.
- Working knowledge of DHIS2 (design and maintenance of databases)
- To be flexible, having positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of overall situation in the country, its development trends and health projects in the country.
- Have an excellent knowledge of English ( Written , spoken and understanding)
- Have a good computer knowledge MS word, Excel, Access, and Power point and other data analysis software.
- Position will be based in Kabul but must be willing and have the ability to travel for extended periods to one or more provinces.
- To be flexible, having positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed;
Country office Address
House# 19, Silo Road 5, Deh Naw Dehbori, District 3