- Salary Offer As per Organizational Salary Scale
- Years of Experience • A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in WASH-related programme planning and management is required, with 10 years of professional experience at international level preferred.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration بست قراردادی
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference hr@1055
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, health and hygiene behavior change communication, WASH-related engineering or another relevant technical field. Additional relevant post-graduate cou
- close Date December 2, 2022
معلومات مختصر در مورد جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی سره میاشت
جمعیت هلال احمر افغانستان که در سال 1934 تأسیس شد، یک نهاد مستقل و بشردوستانه است که توسط دولت افغانستان به عنوان یک نهادخیریه و بیطرف برای ادارات دولتی به رسمیت شناخته شده است. جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی سره میاشت نقش مهمی در ارائه خدمات رضاکارانه و کمک های بشری ایفاء میکند. بر اساس قانون و اساس نامه جمعیت ملی فعالیت های خویش را مطابق با اصول هفت گانه خویش بشردوستی، بی طرفی، استقلالیت، خدمات رضاکارانه، وحدت و جهان شمولیت غیر جانبداری انجام می دهد. از جمله، جمعیت ملی وظیفه دارد به جوامع آسیب دیده کمک کند، سرپناه اضطراری تهیه کند و اقلام امدادی را بین افراد آسیب پذیر توزیع کند. جمعیت هلال احمر از طریق شبکه ای متشکل از 7 زون ساحوی و 34 نمایندگی در ولایات میباشدکه بیش از 20000 کارمند و رضاکار آموزش دیده،با همکاری سازمان های ملی و بین المللی با در سطح کشور برای کاهش الارم بشری در طول دهههای گذشته، جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی سره میاشت موفق شده است که بیطرفی خویش را حفظ کند و از پذیرشی برخوردار است که تیمهایش را قادر میسازد تا اقدامات بشردوستانه اصولی را در سراسر خطوط درگیری، از جمله در بخشهای بزرگی از مناطق تحت کنترل گروههای مخالف مسلح، انجام دهند. با حمایت شرکای خود مانند اداره محترم – فدراسیون بین المللی صلیب سرخ (IFRC)، کمیته بین المللی صلیب سرخ (ICRC) و دیگر شرکای خویش تقویت میگردد .
About Afghan Red Crescent Society( ARCS)
Established in 1934, the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) is an independent, humanitarian institution which has been recognized by the government of Afghanistan as an auxiliary to State agencies. ARCS play an important role in delivering disaster response services. Under the 2016 Red Crescent Law, ARCS carry out its activities in accordance with the principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary services, unity and universality. Among others, ARCS have the duty to provide assistance to disaster-affected communities, supply emergency shelter, and distribute relief items to vulnerable people. Through its network of 7 regional branches and 34 provincial branches and more than 20,000 staff and trained volunteers, ARCS is amongst the few national organizations with nation-wide outreach and access. Over the past decades, ARCS has managed to uphold its neutrality and enjoys acceptance enabling its teams to carry out principled humanitarian action across the lines of conflict, including in the large portions of the territories controlled by armed opposition groups. With the support of its Red Cross Red Crescent Movement partners – the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Partners National Societies like the Norwegian Red Cross – ARCS has also strengthened its management systems, procedures and partnerships to respond to emergencies, upon request of the public authorities or under its own initiative
II. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the overall direction and guidance of the Director of Health Department, the Head of WASH Unit will provide leadership and representation of WASH Unit. S/he facilitates the processes that will ensure a well-coordinated, strategic, adequate, coherent, and effective response by WASH team that is accountable to the targeted beneficiaries. The incumbent is responsible for building relationships with all RCRC Movement partners and other stakeholders, for securing the overall coordination of WASH sectoral interventions and for ensuring intersectoral collaboration.
III. THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent’s main roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to: Coordination, representation, and leadership: • Ensure, establish, and maintain a coordination mechanism that facilitates the effective achievement of the Unit functions, which builds on existing RCRC Movement coordination and collaboration structure, where appropriate and furthers the development of current or future ARCS WASH capacities,
Oversee the functioning of WASH Unit, while ensuring alignment of work and priorities, effective communication, reporting, engagement and coordination within Health Department and other ARCS departments, • Supervise the WASH Unit team, • Ensure appropriate coordination and build partnerships with all relevant sector stakeholders including regional/province authorities, international organizations and affected populations, • Build complementarity of partners’ actions within the RCRC Movement, pro-actively negotiating with a wide range of partners to avoid and resolve duplication and gaps and taking action to resolve any conflict or systemic challenges arising from within or/and beyond the RCRC Movement partners, • Coordinate, collaborate and represent the WASH Unit, ARCS, and RCRC Movement parnters in general with stakeholders in the WASH sector, including through inter-cluster coordination fora, and developing cross-sectoral relationships as appropriate. • Promote that ARCS Programme cooperation with ICRC, IFRC and Participating National Society (PNS) programme teams is consistent and efficient.
Assessments and Strategy
• Lead the planning and implementation of needs assessment and analysis, including representing the WASH Unit and taking a leading role in multi-sectoral needs assessments and joint analysis of needs at all levels, • Analyze needs assessment data and work collaboratively with the RCRC Movement partners to create analytical products, including an evidence-based information. • Lead in assessing existing ARCS WASH strategies/plans and ongoing implementation activities and, together with ICRC, IFRC, and PNS, update as necessary, taking into consideration the evolving context and existing ARCS/RCRC, national, and international standards/guidelines
Planning, Implementation and Monitoring of health program activities
Lead and coordinate strategic planning, response prioritization and the development of the sectoral response plan that is an evidence-based and aligned with national priorities, policies and plans, • Ensure all programme delivery modalities (in-kind, cash, voucher, and services) are given equal consideration in the strategic response/intervention planning and establish and implement systematic measures for supporting their consideration and use, • Provide high-level technical expertise to drive strategic-level discussion and ensure the sectoral response addresses national priorities and affected/targeted populations’ needs drawing on the latest innovative approaches, • Ensure that the WASH Unit plan is updated regularly according to evolving needs and that it establishes indicators by which performance of the Unit can be measured,
Resource mobilization and advocacy:
• Lead mobilization and equitable allocation of adequate resources to ensure the effective functioning of the WASH Unit and its interventions, identifying and taking actions to resolve any ongoing or potential future challenges that impact establishment of sustainable medium to long term WASH interventions, • Monitor, analyse and communicate information about the ARCS’s financial situation and resource mobilization and identify appropriate actions to address gaps or constraints,Advocate for improved sectoral outcomes, by developing an advocacy strategy, networking with advocacy allies, influencing stakeholders’ decision-making and ensuring that advocacy activities are adequately resourced.
Implementation and monitoring:
Lead the WASH Unit to monitor, evaluate and report on the coverage, equity, quality and progress of the response against the Unit/ARCS strategy, priorities and agreed results, • Lead in planning and overseeing gaps and coverage analysis to identify spatial and temporal gaps, overlaps and coverage of the Unit/ Sector interventions, • Monitor Unit adherence to WASH cluster approach principles, relevant humanitarian and sectoral agreements, standards, initiatives, and guidelines and provide systemic advice and support to make improvements
Accountability to affected populations:
Ensure accountable to the affected/targeted populations by establishing inclusive and consultative feedback mechanisms, creating meaningful opportunities for the involvement of the affected/targeted populations, and encouraging all staff to operate accountably, • Ensure the inclusion of cross cutting issues (age, protection, disability, gender) in all WASH interventions • Establish and implement systematic measures for supporting inclusive work practices and processes,
Strengthen WASH capacity at HQ and field levels:
Encourage participation of HQ and field staff in WASH activities and strategic decisionmaking regarding WASH, • Lead the development of a capacity assessment and capacity strengthening strategy for ARCS (HQ and field) and oversee implementation and harmonization of initiatives, • Lead early warning, contingency planning, and emergency preparedness efforts for the WASH sector, ensuring adequate cluster participation in inter-cluster early warning, contingency planning, and emergency preparedness activities.
Skills and Experience:
A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in WASH-related programme planning and management is required, with 10 years of professional experience at international level preferred. • Relevant experience in programme management in WASH related areas in a RCRC Movement system is considered an asset. • Experience in effective leadership and management of teams to deliver results in high stress/risk environments is required. JD_Head-WASH Unit-ARCS.doc 4/4 Afghan Red Crescent Society • Experience in a mixed set of country contexts, in multiple geographic regions, including a deployment mission with RCRC Movement, UN, Government or INGO is required. • Experience in humanitarian contexts is required with experience in development contexts an added advantage. • Understanding of the use of innovative tools and approaches in a relevant technical discipline is an asset. • Fluency in English is required. Working proficiency of provincial languages is an asset.
• Strong planning and implementation skills • Updated knowledge on status and trends in WASH, interest, and ability to engage with external actors, incl. academia, technology providers, suppliers, etc. • Experience and ability to work under stress and support others working under stress • Understanding of crises and operations management • Understanding of information technology and how to make use of it • Very good ability to take initiative and accept responsibility for results. • Very good ability to cooperate and share competency. • Very good ability to communicate effectively. • Very good ability to build networks and relations • Good ability to think holistic • Good ability to approach analytically • Good ability to identify solutions • Good ability to implement projects • Good team spirit.
• An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, health and hygiene behavior change communication, WASH-related engineering or another relevant technical field. Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/ supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in WASH-related programme planning and management is required, with 10 years of professional experience at international level preferred. • Relevant experience in programme management in WASH related areas in a RCRC Movement system is considered an asset. • Experience in effective leadership and management of teams to deliver results in high stress/risk environments is required.
Dear applicants, please refer to the Recruitment Department of Human Resources Afghan Red Crescent Society HQ office Afshar-e-Silo or kabul branch offices for submitting thier application along with thier Curriculum Vita (CV) , copy of educational documents, copy of work experience, citizenship ID card and a photo.
Note: Request for a clampdown is not accepted by email or online.
متقاضیان محترم لطف نموده جهت درخواست احراز بست به آمریت استخدام ریاست منابع بشری دفتر مرکزی جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی واقع افشار سیلو و یه نمایندگی کابل مراجعه نموده خلص سوانح ، کاپی اسناد تحصیلی کاپی اسناد تجارب کاری تذکره تابعیت و یک قطعه عکس با خود داشته باشند.
نوت: درخواست برای احراز بست از طریق ایمیل و یا آنلاین پذیرفته نمیشود.
شماره های تماس
whats app= +93-777-266-860