- Salary Offer NOA
- Address kandahar
- Years of Experience A minimum of 2 years of experience in liaising and coordinating with Government authorities, United Nations (UN) non-government organizations
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VN-KBL-154-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University Degree in Social or Political Sciences, Psychology, Social Work, International Relations, Law, Human Rights, or a related field from an accredited academic institution
- close Date September 27, 2022
Under the overall and direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM) in Afghanistan, in close coordination with the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCOM) and consultation with relevant Programme Managers as well as Head for Resources Management and the Sr. Programme Support Officer in Kabul, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation, oversight and coordination of the daily operations of all IOM activities in the Sub Office in Kandahar.
- Organizational Functions
- Act as the main contact for IOM in Kandahar for inter-agency coordination meetings, meetings with local authorities and all other relevant coordination/information mechanisms.
- Coordinate organization of public events in the area of responsibility (opening or handover of project activities, workshops, celebration of UN Days, etc.) in coordination with the concerned units in Kabul.
- Review unofficial translation of documents into Dari or Pashtu as required.
- Assist the IOM Afghanistan Mission in identification of new project opportunities and development of new projects.
- In coordination with the CoM and DCoM /or relevant units in Kabul, coordinate, and support official visits to/from the region.
- Support the CoM in the development and implementation of IOM strategies in the province.
- Ensure the rights of women workers is always maintained and that they are not subject to any discrimination in the workplace and conduct of all personnel in the sub-office is in line with the Standards of Conduct.
- Program/Project Management Functions
- Verify and sign requests, letters and reports endorsed by relevant Program Managers to local counterparts, for example food items delivery request and report to WFP’s Regional /Area Offices.
- In close coordination with concerned Project Managers in Kabul, monitor program/project activities and suggest adjustments when necessary to facilitate timely and effective implementation.
- Coordinate Implementation of projects in the area of responsibility, including assessment of performance against indicators and objectives agreed upon project manager in Kabul.
- Coordinate timely reporting on project activities to the relevant Program Managers.
- Administrative, Procurement and Financial Functions
- Coordinate the human resources, administrative, and financial activities of the Kandahar Sub Office, in line with IOM’s rules and procedures, and in close coordination with relevant unites at the IOM main office in Kabul.
- Submit all reports on administrative activities to the resource management unit in Kabul in a timely manner.
- Coordinate capacity development of staff in the province and support Field Coordinators and Project Managers in the effective management of their teams.
- Security Management Functions
- Attend regular/ad hoc ASMT meetings organized in the region/field and report to the Security Unit in Kabul.
- Coordinate all security related issues with the Security Unit in Kabul and keep them abreast of all security related developments,
- Ensure all IOM staff/Personnel receive appropriate security briefing and/or trainings, and in coordination with the CoM and the Security Unit in Kabul provide guidance to staff as appropriate.
- Monitor security level system in the region in coordination with the UNDSS and notify security management team in Kabul.
- Other Functions
- Any other related function as may be required by the CoM to ensure efficient and effective management of IOM activities in the province/field.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- University Degree in Social or Political Sciences, Psychology, Social Work, International Relations, Law, Human Rights, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience or
- Master’s Degree in the above fields of study with relevant experience
- Field and operational experience in project development, management, and coordination
- Experience in liaising and coordinating with Government authorities, United Nations (UN) non-government organizations, etc.
- Experience in post-crisis environments, community mobilization, humanitarian assistance and human rights.
- Experience in staff management and leadership.
- Proven ability to facilitate discussion in seminars and to moderate working groups.
- Any other experience with migration-related issues.
Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto (oral and written).
Note: Applications from qualified female candidates are encourage
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with VN-KBL-154-22 on the subject by 26 September 2022 at the latest.
Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account.
External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here to create your account.
External candidates who already have an account, Click here
IOM Staff outside IOM network, Click here