- Salary Offer NTA Grade B
- Experience 7 years of in HR managemement, Administration and Operations
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility of extension on yearly basis
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Head of HROD&G-780
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date January 21, 2022
- Education Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management, Organisation Development or in relevant fields
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and also advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all of our work.
The Head of Human Resources, Organisational Development ensures the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and systems for the ActionAid Afghanistan (AAA) which are aligned to the AAA Country Strategy Paper( CSP); and ensures adherence to HR good practices of ActionAid Internationals(AAI) Global HROD Framework and Standards, and in compliance with all local labour laws and other statutory requirements in Afghanistan.
The Head of HROD is responsible to deliver organisational priorities number 4 to achieve AAA’ aspiration towards “an efficient team of development workers walking the ActionAid talk – brave, vibrant and creative, working in an environment that fosters camaraderie and talent, united under a mission and shared values of the highest commitment and calibre to lead the organization”.
This role influences outcomes directly and clearly controls the activity HROD related issues for ActionAid Afghanistan. The position is accountable for the results of the HROD department directly which contribute to the HROD function’s and the organisation’s overall performance.
Job Responsibility#1: Organisational and Corporate Development/ Representation
- Is a member of Senior Management Team (SMT), participate in regular SMT meetings to maintain an awareness of HROD matters relevant to the SMT and ensure that HROD reports and information are brought to the attention of SMT members
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all other SMT members to ensure that there is effective coordination of all activities in support of organisation objectives
- Represent AAA to provide inputs to AAI HROD-related activities as and when required, including participation in task forces, training courses etc.
- Represent AAA to attend various HROD network and alliance meeting, knowledge sharing and learning forums, document and share feedback with the team in the country.
Job Responsibility#2: HROD Strategy Development
- Revise the HROD Manual and organisation structure to facilitate delivery of the organization’s strategy
- Recommend to the Country Director any changes that might be required to develop or improve staff capacity in the country.
- Participate in the Asia / Global HROD network to contribute to the development of the Asia HROD priorities
- Develop, implement, review and update action plan to implement HROD strategy in alignment with the CSP and with the overall HR strategy of AAI
Job Responsibility#3: Fundraising
- Provide inputs to the development of proposals to ensure exact information of HR is reflected where necessary.
Job Responsibility#4: People Management and Organisational Development
- Review the structure and staffing requirements with Country Director to ensure the organisation has staff of the right caliber to enable it to meet its overall objectives.
- Responsible for succession management planning for key potential staff of AAA
- Engage in recruitment and selection of all staff at AAA to ensure compliance of recruitment and selection policies and procedures
- Provide orientation and reorientation to all staff to help them understand the HR systems, policies and procedures of the organisation
- Monitor and provide support to managers and staff in performance appraisal to ensure completeness of performance appraisal as scheduled, and provide comments to managers and staff on performance appraisal results if needed
- Work with managers to identify training needs and development opportunities for all staff of AAA and develop annual training plan
- Provide training to all staff on HR when required
Job Responsibility#5: System, Policies and Procedures Management
- Bring to the attention of Country Director and SMT any changes that might be required to develop or improve AAA’s HROD Policy, Procedures and System for Afghanistan.
- Review and update of all necessary AAA HR systems, policies and procedures to ensure all changes in the country and in local labour laws and regulations are reflected
- Plan and organise the effective communications of all personnel policies to employees
- Work as a custodian of HR systems, policies and procedures at country level to ensure the compliance with AAI Global HROD framework and local relevant laws and regulations, and reflect the needs and objectives of the organisation and staff
Job Responsibility#6: Issue Resolutions, Crisis/Risk Management
- Act as focal person to encourage and maintain sound employee relations by undertaking all necessary consultation and negotiation with staff on personnel issues to ensure that harmonious relationships and effective communications are maintained between management and staff
- Maintain an awareness of staff comments and any complaints to identify any areas that may need development of improvement
- Provide comprehensive HR advisory and technical guidance to Country Director, managers and staff on all aspects of human resources to ensure that the organisation follows policies, procedures, legal requirements
- Support managers at disciplinary or grievance hearings, or in the event of collective disputes
- Maintain an awareness of any possible crisis or risk to the organisation and develop plans that will provide for such contingencies
Job Responsibility#7: Manage Relationship with the relevant Government Departments
- Oversee the engagement with the Government Departments especially Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Economy and Ministry of Finance to support fulfillment the work of the Coordinator HR, Admin and PR Officer
Job Responsibility#8: Other Tehnical Specific
- Review and monitor payroll calculation and payment to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits
- Participate in salary and benefit surveys, analyse data to ensure that the organisation has accurate and up-to-date information relating to external pay relativities
- Conduct exit interviews with leaving staff to get comments, feedbacks, and suggestions to facilitate the improvement of the organisation.
- Investigate and report on accidents and related incidents, recommending any changes that may be necessary to ensure that the organisation complies with health and safety policy and security standards of AAA.
- Monitor the organisation’s operations, processes, and procedures to ensure that they comply with health and safety regulations.
- Cooperate with International Secretariat HR, conduct HR audits to evaluate HR management and present audit findings to the SMT to identify areas requiring attention and ensure audit recommendations are implemented.
- Maintain an awareness of developments and up-to-date knowledge of the human resources management and employment legislation to ensure that the organisation complies with its statutory obligations and continues to take
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management, Organisation Development or in relevant fields
- Master degree or Professional HROD certified qualificatiom (CIPD) are preferable
- 7 years practical experience in human resources management, adminstration and other operational units of the organization.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring the compliance of HR system, policies and procedures, preferably the context of an international organisation
- Experience in developing HR systems, policies and procedures is an advantage
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment
- Basic knowledge of human rights and poverty issues in Afghanistan
- Thorough understanding of laws and regulations on labour, health and safety in Afghanistan
- Knowledge of human resources management practices in Afghanistan
- Leadership and management
- Strategic thinking
- Analysis and report writing
- Presentation, communications, and negotiation
- Networking, influencing and interpersonal
- Planning, organisation, time management, and coordination
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native language
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Coaching, mentoring and capacity building/development
- Crisis management
- Organizational awareness and service orientation
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 21, 2022. Please clearly indicate Head of HROD&G-780 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis, thus applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.