- Salary Offer As per the organization Policy
- Experience 1-2 years of clinical and management experience is
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended Contract
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference FMIC/HR/330
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 17, 2021
- Education BScN registered with the relevant entity i.e.MoHE
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GOIRA) and France (GoF), and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
The ideal candidate would be responsible for the following:
- Perform daily round of patients and ensure the completion of nursing assessments for all patients in line with standard procedures.
- Assess individual patient care needs with the assigned staff.
- Assess condition of acutely ill patients and keep physician informed. Contact physician in case of any changes in the condition of patients.
- Assess patient care and acuity trends and plan for staffing, supplies and equipment as indicated.
- Assess patients’ health teaching needs and incorporates it.
- Assess, interpret and respond to “clues” and other non-verbal patient’s behaviors.
- Ensure all reportable cases are communicated to shift supervisor verbally and through transmission reports.
- Assess the learning needs of bedside nurses and plan their teaching in coordination with NES or independently.
- Facilitate the assessment of nursing students and other trainees learning needs, offers suggestions and materials for trainees’ experience, in order to enhance their clinical learning experience in the wards.
- Plan daily staff assignments according to the acuity trends and patient care needs.
- Plan nursing care and health teaching for patients according to their needs.
- Organize workload and set priorities appropriately.
- Plan in service sessions for staff development.
- Plan break timings for staff.
Staffing and Scheduling:
- Allocate assignments on a regular basis and in emergency situations, to team members based on their skill and experience.
- Arrange staff for next shift if any leave information is received and tries to ensure proper coverage of staff and informs the same to the shift supervisor.
- Develop staff roster on monthly basis and get it approved.
- Develop a plan for staff leaves and monitor individual staff leaves balance.
- Prepare overtime for the individual staff on monthly basis.
- Implement quality goals and objectives, monitor performance indicators and make action plans as required.
- Discuss patient treatment plan and required intervention with the assigned staff.
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate interventions for the delivery of safe care to all patients using knowledge of procedures and protocols.
- Ensure physician orders are carried out accurately and timely.
- Ensure the delivery of optimum care to meet complex needs of patients specific to his/ her area.
- Ensure safe administration of medications and patient education regarding the effects of medications.
- Make round of ward observing patients’ intravenous (IV) infusions.
- Ensure ward cleanliness and safe working environment.
- Make round with physicians to know about patients treatment plan.
- Conduct in service sessions for the staff and provide guidance on regular basis during the rounds.
- Supervise and guide the performance of the staff and involve in their performance appraisal.
- Mentor newly inducted nurses during their probationary period via complete competency based orientation (CBO) checklist.
- Facilitate the training of nursing students and non FMIC trainees and report to NES accordingly.
- Monitor staff for accurate sign in and out and enter leave status in assignment register.
- Ensure the regular checking of special assignments is done by assigned staff e.g. narcotics, crash cart, stock etc. on daily rounds.
- Makes sure that linen, equipment and other supplies are available for next shift staff as per requirement.
- Ensure that patients/families receive appropriate teaching on need basis.
- Ensure satisfaction of all admitted and discharged patients.
- Listen and respond to patient complains appropriately and follow complain handling process.
- Take prompt and appropriate actions in an emergency/ disaster situation.
- Respond quickly and appropriately on conflict or crises situation in patient care areas.
- Investigate equipment breakage incidences and update log. Follow up equipment going though repair and exchange process.
- Ensure that the unit stock is maintained as per checklist.
- Acknowledge and respect cultural sensitivity and related issues for effective delivery of patient care.
- Ensure that visitor control is maintained in unit by security guards.
Coordination and collaboration:
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with support services in order to facilitate the timely delivery of patient care.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders; head nurse operating room, triage, medical and surgical floors and all related physicians and surgeons for patient care matters.
- Evaluate results of nursing interventions on assigned patients.
- Ensure all assigned patients get quality nursing care by reassessing patient’s health status.
- Monitor performance of nursing staff and provide guidance accordingly.
- Counsel nursing staff in case of performance not being satisfactory and provide opportunities for remedial activities.
- Ensure timely, comprehensive and complete nursing documentation, which meets nursing quality standards.
- Ensure documentation of incident reports in her/ his shift before leaving the unit and communicate to nursing administrator.
- Report exposure to blood and body fluids or any other occupational injury and complete the related documentation.
- Ensure the complete documentation of probationary period evaluation and CBO checklist.
- Maintain staff documents of education activities i.e. NES orientation checklist, performance report of overseas training etc. and others as required.
- Prepare and update area relevant records e.g. leave forms, attendance for in unit based service sessions etc.
- Maintain timely documentation and record of staff performance for use in staff appraisals.
The Ideal Candidate Should have Professional Qualifications:
- BScN registered with the relevant entity i.e.MoHE.
- BLS and PALS provider
- NRP Certification
- Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport with team members.
- Ability to cope up with stressful situations.
- Model the mission and values of the institution.
- Be motivated towards learning and capacity development.
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment to the institution and customers and clear accountability.
- Travel within or outside the country for short/long term trainings/missions when needed.
- Represent positive image of FMIC via professional appearance and behavior.
Please send your resume along with relevant degree at email@example.com and mark the subject with the position applied for. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Note: No CV will be considered without relevant Degree.