- Salary Offer Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Years of Experience • At least 2 years’ experience with INGOs in a similar position
- Number of Vacancies: 6
- Contract Duration The position is Fixed term
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 103-2
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • At least graduate from 12 class is preferred
- close Date November 30, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is over 6,000. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Office Guard will maintain security and security procedures at one of SCA’s office compounds (office, store, training center, DP center, etc). He will strictly follow guard procedures and ensure registration of people, vehicles, equipment etc entering and leaving the compound.
The Office Guard reports to the Senior Safety & Access Officer of MRMO.
- Adhere to the SCA security manual, & code of conduct.
- Develop good cooperation with SCA units, & well behave with staff, client and visitors.
- Body checks the visitors, search their bags, luggage, briefcase, & ask for registration.
- Regular vehicle mirror checking and does not allow none SCA vehicle into the compound prior asking Senior Safety and Access Officer.
- Open compound gate as soon as hearing the cars coming and close & lock them immediately.
- Make regular inspections around the office to ensure the premises are secure, doors are locked, and to look out for unusual activities.
- Switch off all electronic devices of the offices after official hours.
- Check the removal/outgoing items and ensure that paper release and documentation is completed.
- Report any irregularities to head of guard/senior security officer and ensure follow up security action is taken.
- Proper handover of duty/shift, & considering counter surveillance method note any strangers noted during the shift to next shift as well to Security dep.
- Avoid visitors enter to the office without registration.
- Access control, & monitoring of the assigned compound via CCTV camera as well by foot.
- Safeguard of all properties of the offices.
- Inform Safety and Access Senior officer from any change in the security situation of the area or office.
- Assist in cleaning of the office building and carrying the goods if required.
- Avoid crowd in the office premises and its surrounding.
- Ensure that no person carry weapon into the office premises.
- Perform any other required/related tasks assigned by Safety and Access Senior officer.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least graduate from 12 class is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience with INGOs in a similar position
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.