- Salary Offer Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Experience • At least 2 years in a similar position
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration The position is Project Based.
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 09-22
- Gender Male
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date January 24, 2022
- Education • High School, commitment to relevant personal development.
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Office Guard will maintain security and security procedures at one of SCA’s office compounds (office, store, training center, DP center, etc). He will strictly follow guard procedures and ensure registration of people, vehicles, equipment etc entering and leaving the compound.
The Office Guard reports to the Admin Finance officer of the Service Unit of the DP- TIQRA-II Project.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units
- Do related job as delegated by the TIQRA Admin Finance Officer
- To guard and ensure the security of assigned SCA premises
- To be on duty according to the schedule the Chief Guard prepares monthly
- If the duty is in one of the SCA Offices, body check the staff, visitors, and their bags/ briefcases and vehicles and ask them to register their names at the registration book when entering the premises
- Make sure that the main gates of the Office premises are closed and looked when not used
- Assist the employees/ residents/ guests when handling their luggage and Office equipment
- Escort the office workers or guests outside the Office when asked by his supervisor and when not on duty
- To keep the yard and area of the duty location clean and neat
- To keep the rooms (in SCA premises) where he stays during the nights clean and tidy
- Apply and take into consideration and adhere to all the items of the PROCDUERS FOR THE SECURITY GUARDS DUTY attached to this Job Description, in case of any clarifications contact the Chief Guars or Admin Finance Officer
- To actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of the SCA
- To do any other duties assigned by the Chief Guard
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- High School, commitment to relevant personal development.
- Good communication and behavior with visitors, client, & staff.
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner with good attention to accuracy and details.
- At least 2 years in a similar position
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto, written and spoken, basic English is an advantage
- Honest, active and well mannered
- Ability to be polite, but also strict and stern in ensuring adherence by staff and visitor to respect security rules of SCA
- Being an Afghan citizen
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line must be: (Guard HRM / MRMO 09-22) otherwise your application may not have considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.