- Salary Offer As per organization's salary scale
- Years of Experience • At least 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • A master’s qualification is preferred; a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area is required
- close Date March 30, 2023
About Action Against Hunger:
Action Against Hunger/Action Contre La Faim (AAH/ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH/ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995. AAH/ACF improved access to health and nutrition services for the most vulnerable people, who live in remote areas without a local health system. In particular, the country team supported pregnant and breastfeeding women and children under five, who are at greater risk of malnutrition. Nutrition programmes rely on an integrated approach, addressing both primary and underlying causes, in order to have a lasting impact on nutritional status. The country team worked at community level, in villages and at provincial level, strengthening the public health system. It also worked at national level to ensure reliable information about the nutritional situation reached the wider humanitarian community. Covid-19 prevention was integrated into all interventions and additional response activities were implemented, such as the disinfection of health facilities and public places, cash assistance, psychosocial support and the distribution of hygiene kits to affected populations.
Being in charge of the overall donors and partnerships activities: elaboration of donors and partnerships documents in order to ensure the quality of relationship with both of them and the respect of donor’s deadlines.
Mission 1: Contribute to the development of the mission grants strategy in relation Grants and Partnerships Coordinator.
- Participating in the research of donor funding opportunities in support of the Grants Coordinator
- Support Grants Co. in communicating about funding opportunities and donors
- Support Grants co in ensuring that the donors’ guidelines are known and respected by the mission’s team;
- Updating the donors’ folders with templates, guidelines, and other relevant documents;
- Participating in the drafting and preparation of concept notes and full proposals.
- Support coordinator on proposal development coordination.
Mission 2: Elaboration of internal and donor reporting documents and ensure the follow up of the mission’s reporting obligations.
- Manage the communication and reporting officer in compiling and consolidations APRs and other internal reporting requirements.
- In charge of donor reporting managed by the Grants Co.
- First review of external reporting.
- Monitoring and improving the quality of interim and final reports.
- Ensuring and facilitating the internal and external respect of deadlines and validation procedures and the compliance with the donor guidelines and requirements.
- Integrating formal and informal recommendation and lessons learnt;
- Support the grants co in coordinating the answers to the questions and comments from donors, auditors and evaluators are handled.
- If and when needed: support the grants coordinator in sensitization and training of field teams on donors reporting.
Mission 3: Follow up ACF Afghanistan contract monitoring and filing, and ensure regular and efficient communication and information/document sharing within the mission.
- Updating the mission follow up tools:
- Update and share the grants and reports follow up tools on a regular basis;
- Update and share the financial maps on a regular basis;
- Update and share the summary of the donor guidelines when necessary.
- Acting as focal point for collecting, sharing and archiving the projects’ documents: support Grants Co in sharing all official documentation (final/approved version of concept notes, proposals, reports, amendments etc.) with the concerned persons at mission’s and HQ’s level.
- Participating in the organization of kick-off and close-out meetings and sharing minutes with the mission.
- Be responsible for the internal recap e-mail, supported by the reporting and communication officer.
Mission 4: Manage partnership development, capacity building, compliance and monitoring of AAH national partners.
- Under Grants and Partnership Coordinator advisement, manage the development of partnerships with national partners, including identification, capacity assessments and compliance and registration of the partner;
- Coordinate contractual and reporting processes for partners and communicate with the Program managers in charge of the partnership follow-up at field level.
- Update and share the partnership follow up tool to relevant persons.
- Manage the training of field and coordination teams on the partnership management
- Supports the implementation of any capacity building needed;
- Act as the (initial) focal point of AAH towards any (potential) national partners. This can include other INGOs such as ACBAR and partners with whom AAH has a consortium for the implementation of a specific program/project;
- When needed, manages the due diligence of the partner;
- Drafts partnership MoUs between the partner and AAH, and reports these MoU with the relevant agencies;
- Develop partnership assessment tools when needed, serves as AAH’s focal person towards the ACF organization in these matters;
- Supports the audit of partners if required.
Mission 5: Manage the Communication and Reporting Officer and participate in the communication of the mission
- The operational and/or hierarchical management of the Communication and Reporting officer.
- For evaluation of the technical performance and its capacity building.
- Support in the design of the mission communication plan.
- Internal Communication:
- Consolidate the monthly newsletter with the inputs coming from the bases;
- External Communication.
- Check quality of success stories/communication articles received from the field and communication and reporting officer to share with clusters/donors/partners.
Make sure the APRs are collected, compiled and consolidated.
- A master’s qualification is preferred; a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area is required
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- An understanding of and experience in philanthropy and the not-for-profit sector or comparable experience influencing investment in programs for community benefit
- Has a good relationship, influencing and stakeholder management skills with the ability to identify stakeholder needs; what they value and how to motivate and communicate with them
- Has a good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences
- Has a results orientation approach and desire to consistently deliver great outcomes
- Strategic and analytical thinking; ability to identify future opportunities and tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Has a good presentation skills and the capacity to deal with people at all levels and areas of expertise, has attention to detail
The recruitment will be done on a rolling basis.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and full CV with three Referees indicating the vacancy announcement to the address:
Human Resources Department AAH office
or can also be emailed to:
email@example.com indicating the job tile and vacancy number of the position in the email subject line.
Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible deadline is set for 30 Mar 2023.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These will be requested if the candidate is selected. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger/Action Conter La Faim is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women and people with disabilities to apply. ACF/AAH has zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA).