- Salary Offer As per Organization salary Scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 3 years of experience working with small grants, preferably with international donor-funded projects, UN agencies, or NGOs on relevant programs in Afghanistan
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1,5 month
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM 148
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree in Social Science/Public Administration
- close Date November 28, 2022
AWEC is a non-political, non-profit, woman-headed national organization established in 1991 by a group of educated Afghan women in exile, who rallied together to address the lack of facilities for Afghan refugees in Islamabad and eventually Peshawar, in Pakistan. AWEC has always been involved in advocacy and awareness-raising for women and children’s rights while providing services to those who frequently fall through safety nets. In recent years, one of AWEC’s core activities has been to support women through mobilizing Afghans, from local communities to political elites, towards the goal of reducing and eventually eliminating violence against women.
Our vision in AWEC is “an inclusive and just society with sensitized and responsive public and private sector, where all women and children have access to opportunities to improve their quality of life in order to realize their full potential”.
The Grant Officer will be mainly responsible for interviews, reference checks, risk assessments, situational analysis, financial and business audits, and due diligence for up to 800 micro businesses and SMEs based in Herat Province. The Grant Officer will work closely with the Project Manager and under the guidance and oversight of the Grant Manager, ensuring qualified micro businesses and SMEs are risk-free.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance and oversight of the Grant Manager and direct supervision of the Project Manager, review, analysis, and provide inputs, feedback, suggestion, and comments on the due diligence process of Micro business and SMEs.
- Conduct regular visits, risk assessments, audit business and financial documents of Micro businesses and SMEs, and assist them in meeting the grant requirement criteria.
- Conduct investigator visits to Micro businesses and SMEs, collecting business history, background, custom relations, trust, and market experience.
- The role of the Grant Officers will also support the Project Manager in information collection, document and deliverable review, verification, validation, and reports on the Grantee’s progress and commitments.
- The Grant Officer will support the Grant Manager with the implementation of the project activities on time.
- The Grant Officer will be liaising with the Grantees for the timely submission of support documents, proposals, business plans, agreements, and other deliverables.
- Work closely with the Grant Manager in drafting agreements and signing commitment letters for achieving the milestone with the grantee and reporting to the Project Manager and Grant Manager.
- Maintain grant project documentation in hard copy and electronic format.
- Participate in grant projects field visits as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Note: Prefered to Female
Bachelor (Business Administration, Business Development) MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with small grants, preferably with international donor-funded projects, UN agencies, or NGOs on relevant programs in Afghanistan.
- Previous knowledge and experience in audit, assessment, research, survey, and compliance management.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties, and preferred database experience.
- Experience in grant and contract administration and management.
- Computer literate.
- Able to write concise but detailed activity report in English.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, and apply problem-solving skills
- Technical supervision and multi-taker.
- Knowledge of the assigned program district.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships.
- Ability to manage databases and files and prepare meaningful reports.
- Preferred fluency in written and spoken English and native Dari and Pashtu
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with their CVs to the attention of following address email@example.com
Kindly mention vacancy number and position title in your email’s subject line, otherwise you won’t be shortlisted. All shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for test/Interview.
“Being committed to diversity & equal employment opportunity we highly encourage females & people living with disabilities to apply, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, language, religious sect.”