- Salary Offer NTA Grade F
- Experience At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference C_PMO 094-Gender Asst.
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 17, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in Social Science, agriculture or gender studies
The National Water Affair Regulation Authority (NWARA), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received four grants under the Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) sector portfolio of ADB. NWARA has established a Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize and streamline the activities under these grants. The CPMO handles procurement, project administration, contract management etc. for the projects financed under the Grants. The Gender Assistant will support PIO and CPMO in ensuring that project interventions will be done in a manner whereby the neutral role of the project cannot be questioned. The Gender Assistant will report to PIO coordinator and CPMO Safeguard team. S/he will be stationed in the PIO of Kunduz with trips to the project sites.
The Gender Assistant will have the responsibility that the selected project elements are gender inclusive and conduct meeting with women regarding the project activities at the local level and to provide project team/partners with advice as necessary compliance with ADB’s gender policy and procedure.
Undertaking the community mobilization in the watershed management planning, as women are active participants in a range of the watershed activities and facilitate the implementation of ADB’s gender policies in the local level.
Specific tasks to be undertaken by the Gender Assistant include, but shall not be limited to:
- The Gender Assistant will be working under the direct supervision of Head of PIO Coordinator to ensure compliance with ADB’s Safeguard Policy statement and gender policy requirement.
- The Gender Assistant will ensure selected projects comply with the requirements and procedures stipulated in relevant documents, including but not limited to ADB’s gender policy and procedure and government gender policy.
- Conduct gender-sensitive awareness-raising training in Dari and Pashto on the women in the project area.
- Undertake required field visits to monitor women inclusion in the program.
- Conducting consultations with WUAs especially the female member and collecting their views to be considered during the project design and implementation.
- Promote involvement of women membership in Water Uses Associations and Irrigation Associations WUAs/IAs and provide specific training for women where appropriate to raise awareness on the importance of gender involvement in WUAs/IAs.
- Encourage women through pre-meeting/ training to participate in training demonstrations given to farmers on improved on-farm water management and agronomic techniques, and specific training for women on household plot vegetable and fruit growing.
- Collect women messages during consultation and reflect in monthly report to PIO and gender manager.
- Monitor and report on gender specific quantitative and qualitative indicators in terms of project operations and performance.
- increase their participation in the water user associations, irrigation associations and in other community organizations working with the project. Carry out Assessment of women affected by the project; assess vulnerability and entitlement issues.
- Conduct awareness and capacity building training for the women Grievance Redress Committees (GRCs) and women participation in the project.
- Assist gender manager in assessment of the Program gender policies and their impact on poverty reduction, growth, equity, etc.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress report to the Head of Gender/ESS unit.
- Present and facilitate understanding of gender integration and mainstreaming at the project and Identify opportunities for women participation in projects and make recommendations to the gender manager on appropriate measures to be taken.
- Facilitate female presence and inclusiveness into decision making process, consultation.
- Act as focal point for gender related issues during implementation of the project.,
- Act as focal point for complaints related to sexual, and emotional harassments of women in the project.
- Undertaking the community mobilization and in the watershed management planning, as women are active participants in a range of the watershed activities.
- Encourage the women on watershed bio-engineering activities and increase their employment.
- Facilitate training of women in nursery production, including provision of seedlings and other required inputs.
- Provide opportunity to employ women as forest wardens to protect the nurseries.
- Determine the number of women headed households.
- Participate in catchment management association’s establishment meeting and improve women participation as member.
- Report the implementation of gender action plan and achievements in regular basis.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree with 2 years’ relevant experience in Social Science, agriculture or gender studies.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of English language (read, write and speak).
- Good command on national languages (Dari/Pashto).
- Skilled in the use of general office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Experiences on participatory rural development works
- Familiarity with ADB `s guidelines on gender development.
- Demonstrate integrity and fairness; honest and complies with ADB rules, regulations and code of conduct.
- Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations.
- Proven capacity to organize and deliver trainings on gender aspects.
The interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the following email address email@example.com and cc not later than 17-04-2021. Please indicate the position title and reference no. in the e-mail subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Resumes received after closing date will not be considered.