- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience Minimum of Three years’ similar Experience in GBV/protection interventions, human rights and gender social service experience, and/or GBV advocacy programs with NGOs or local government
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Loc-110-2021
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date January 18, 2022
- Education University degree in Law, social science, public health, humanitarian aid, community development issues, or related field
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need.
KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
The Gender-based violence Officer’s primary function is to ensure from quality implementation of the Gender-based violence thematic area. She is the key person who will deliver GBV activities at community and provincial level. GBV officer (s) is expected to achieve the following results:
- Conduct GBV prevention, mitigation mainstreaming & advocacy sessions with participation of people from GBV sub-clusters including Governmental department, civil societies, entities who are working in GBV section.
- Provide Psychological First Aid (PFA), psycho-social support, to beneficiaries.
- Conduct Gender awareness session at community level for target communities.
- Support effective implementation of CARE GBV SOP and adapt it to local context where required and support of development of local level GBV SOP where required.
- Ensure daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Gender-based violence- related projects and interventions.
- Engage with the community and community representatives to understand needs and gaps in Gender related response and programming.
- Support mapping referral pathway and referral system for GBV survivors
- Assess the knowledge and utilization of services available for survivors of GBV.
- Ensure updated filing and documentation of related reports, progress and achievement in line with CARE R3 tools/requirement.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of behaviour change communication campaigns by providing inputs to and implementing specific and targeted IEC/BCC interventions on gender equality and women’s empowerment issues for the prevention and response to GBV.
- Alert any gaps in process, tools, or staff capacities to meet the needs of survivors.
Perform of any other tasks as assigned.
- Good understanding of gender and gender-based violence in the Afghanistan context and global norms. Effective communication skills with communities and the most marginalized populations to conduct GBV training and awareness session. Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel), Good organizational behaviour and coordination skills.
- University degree in Law, social science, public health, humanitarian aid, community development issues, or related field;
- Minimum of Three years’ similar Experience in GBV/protection interventions, human rights and gender social service experience, and/or GBV advocacy programs with NGOs or local government.
- Fluency in spoken and written Dari and Pashtu is Highly Desirable as well as English.
- Internally: Technically reports to GBV specialist while operationally to the Project Manager based in the field. maintain close working relation with Gender Senior Advisor, Program Quality Coordinator,
Externally: the position will have close working relation with the partner in relevant province, community level entities, coordination and communication communities as well as relevant stakeholders and governmental department.
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (GBV Officer Loc-110-2021 Khost) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Only Resedence of Khost province can apply for this post
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)