- Salary Offer As Per OHW Salary Scale
- Number of Vacancies 8
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 431
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 1 Months
- Close Date April 22, 2021
- Education Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant fields experience
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is a non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
The GBV Counsellors works in the community protection center and other stakeholder in Kandahar, Helmand, Urozgan and Zabul province as GBV counsellor and will collect data of different types of GBV Cases, Do data-entry into web-based GBV Database and do monitoring visits from the districts. She will train, supervise and evaluate the GBV focal points in the community protection center to provide them support in Data collection and follow standard operation procedure (SOP) for referral of GBV survivors to FPC
The Responsibilities of the GBV Counselor:
Receive cases from the field Community Protection Center (CPC)
Coming to Community Protection Center (CPC) that require support and assistance.
Conduct interview with clients.
To do data-entry and collect the information from GBV Survivors into the database.
She shall provide monthly, quarterly and yearly data to her supervisors.
To assist CPC in charge providing a comprehensive assistance to GBV survivors
- To supervise and manage the coordination with focal points in the assigned CPC facilities
- Responsible for day to day management of all data collection/entry related tasks in CPC
- To coordinate with Key Actors including government departments and partners in the area of Case Management
- To insure to protect the Survivor s from further harm (Do no harm rule).
- Provide the clients with information regarding her/his legal rights
- Provide the clients with all necessary information on the opportunities for protection TO CLIENT
- Provide counselling of individual clients and/or family members
- Organizing/attending meetings/conferences with other professionals and organizations on project related activities
- Work closely with other staff members to build a professional team
- Provide and submit reports to Provincial Project Manager and other seniors.
- To do data entry and keep the Database (tracking system) correct and accurate
- To consider the guiding principle and keep all the records confidential
- Perform any project related tasks assign by supervisors
- Tasks of Relations with External Agencies and other organizations:
- Meet with provincial Government departments such as department of Justice, Interior, Women’s Affairs; Office of Attorney General, police departments and NGOs such as human rights agencies.
- Continue and expand working relationships with NGOs, local government officials.
- Perform any other project related duty assigned by /Provincial Project Manager and Senior GBV Manager.
- Assist the GBV Project Managers and other management staff in tasks as required.
- Measures of Standards of Performance:
- Judgment by the immediate supervisor (GBV Provincial Project Manager) in his/her own observations, feedback from the staff.
• Bachelor Degree in any filed.
• Professional Experience and community mobilization specifically with children:
• Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Basic knowledge of English and fluent in both national language of Afghanistan.
Have good communication, relationship and written skills in Pashto and Dari.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – email@example.com
Applications should be received by OHW’s HR department on 22-April-2021 before 4:00 PM. And clearly, indicate the vacancy number and job title (GBV Counsellor /430) in their email subject line. Otherwise, their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.