- Salary Offer According to DACAAR Expatriate salary scale
- Address Kabul main office (With Travel to the Field
- Years of Experience At least 5 Five years of relevant experience is required
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed term – One Year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference EX-001/2023
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master Degree or Bachelor degree in the relevant subject field
- close Date June 13, 2023
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment
In close coordination with the other Departments and DACAAR Secretariat the Fundraising Adviser performs the strategic development function in the organization and drives its fundraising efforts to secure the resources needed. The Fundraising Adviser reports to the Director and performs day-to-day activities to build and maintain sustainable partnership with the major donors, foundations, corporate and partners. The Fundraising Adviser works closely with the Programme, Finance, HR & Administration Departments and DACAAR Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Fundraising Adviser should have the knowledge of the existing local, regional, national and International funding community. He/she should advise the SMT on pros and cons of applying for open calls.
The Fundraising Adviser is also responsible to build the capacity of the team during his/her employment with DACAAR and enable the entire team to perform the assigned tasks independently.
- Take part in the quarterly and annual planning for the department.
The general responsibilities of the Fundraising Adviser are:
- Provide leadership, manage staff and plan, budget and implement activities concerning the Fundraising & Communications Department in line with DACAAR’s Strategic Programme Framework and approved procedures.
- Provide strategic advice to the Director on matters related to Fundraising & Communications and safety & security issues as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and the Safety & Security Management Team (SSMT) respectively.
- Represent DACAAR and manage external relations with relevant government authorities, donors, partners, UN agencies and international and national NGOs as delegated by the Director.
- Ensure close coordination with other departments with respect to preparation of proposals and writing of reports to meet requirements of the Governing Board, donors and government authorities.
- Maximize internal synergy between the Grants & Communications and Monitoring units and external synergy between the Fundraising & Communications Department as whole and other departments.
Specific responsibilities of the Fundraising Adviser include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In close coordination with the various DACAAR Departments, staff at DACAAR Secretariat facilitate the development of project proposals based on DACAAR’s competencies and in line with DACAAR’s Strategic Programme Framework ensuring all proposals meet DACAAR’s and the respective donor’s standards/guidelines and are of a high quality.
- Ensuring compliance with the contractual obligations related to funded projects by donors both in terms of quality of implementation and quality and timeliness of reports.
- Oversee the Grants & Communications and Monitoring units to ensure compliance with the contractual obligations related to funded projects by donors both in terms of quality of implementation and quality and timeliness of reports.
- Oversee the preparation of internal quarterly and annual reports as well as reports to donor and government;
- Supervise (when DACAAR is the Client) and facilitate external reviews and evaluations of DACAAR by consultants/donors;
- Assist in responding to queries from donors on proposals and reports as delegated by the Director.
- Ensure timely communications between Main Office and DACAAR Secretariat regarding the new funding opportunities and other relevant issues.
- Ensure timely development of DACAAR’s External Annual Report.
- Ensure DACAAR’s website is operational and updated with the key information including photos, videos, news, press releases, success stories from the field, publications, etc.
- Ensure quality of communication products is in line with accepted standards.
- Lead the process for organizing and systematizing DACAAR’s knowledge base.
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E):
- Oversee the establishment of a comprehensive M&E system based on Strategic Programme Framework and M&E frameworks for funded projects.
- Support the M&E, reporting and communications staff in regularly collecting success stories, case studies, human interest stories, photos and video and these to be used for donor reports, conferences, external annual report, websites and other publications.
- Ensure the M&E team timely enter the required data into the Data Information Management System.
- Support the capacity building of staff in the Fundraising and Communications Department, in report writing skills. Help staff develop analytical skills and critical thinking particularly when working with M&E data and report writing.
- The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
- In addition to the above specific tasks and responsibilities, the Fundraising Adviser will undertake any other relevant tasks assigned by the Director.
Education & Qualification Requirement:
Education: Master Degree or Bachelor degree in the relevant subject field.
Experience: At least 5 Five years of relevant experience is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
- Good knowledge of humanitarian, emergency and development organizations.
- Knowledge and experience of bilateral and multilateral donor such as ECHO, UN agencies, USAID, DANIDA etc.
- Able to take lead in programme development and reporting.
- A strong team player with good coordination skills
- Proficiency in the English language both written and spoken.
Languages: Fluent Oral and Written English is required.
In addition to the monthly salary, the following package is also provided:
- A return air ticket between employee home address and Kabul at the beginning and end of the assignment.
- R&R: 5 paid working days of leave upon completing Eight weeks of continuous stay (excluding weekend and public holidays) inside Afghanistan.
- Covering the expenses occurred (travel and accommodation) during R&R maximum up to USD 1400/- (One Thousand & Four Hundred US dollars only).
- Annual Leave: 25 paid working days per year (2.08 days per month).
- Public holidays: 10 days per year.
- Travel, Health and life insurance coverage for the duration of your employment.
- Accommodation: shared accommodation, reasonably furnished, all utility costs covered, civilian guards’ coverage 24/7, no housekeeping services provided.
- Excess baggage allowance: cost of maximum 20 kgs upon arrival and departure (provided based on receipts).
- Free lunch during weekdays.
- Pick up and drop service to and from work.
- Accommodation while traveling to the field.
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org