- Salary Offer As Per OHW Salary Scale
- Experience Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 4
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Contractor
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 424
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 24, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is a non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
Job Summery & Purpose:
A foreman is responsible for ensuring that everything goes smoothly at a construction site. They are responsible for being the point of contact between the construction workers and supervisors. A few of the main duties of a foreman are coordinating tasks for the day, creating schedules for workers, oversee quality of the site, and managing the budget. They also have to report the progress of the project to superiors. Some of the jobs titles that a foreman could grow into are construction supervisor and construction manager.
The Foreman directs and supervises highly skilled assigned to the WASH projects in the construction, repair, maintenance, bore wells, submersible and alteration of schools building structures, including interior and exterior renovations, following recognized procedures and techniques of the construction and standards. The Foreman is a working foreman, responsible for directly performing a wide range of skilled construction tasks, such that eighty percent of the Foreman’s daily job duties consists of performing construction work. The Foreman is responsible for daily and weekly planning and scheduling of work activities, which completes assigned projects that are appropriate for their level of skill and time availability. The Foreman assigns specific jobs based upon an evaluation of job requirements and individual expertise and supervises the work. The Foreman assists in planning, developing estimates, and implementing the phasing required to accomplish the assigned project. The Foreman monitors the assigned work and enforces KDR environmental protection, hazardous waste disposal and the use of chemical substances and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Conducting effective assessments and studies based on the project requirements as per signed Partnership Agreement.
- Ensure that the projects implementation carried out based on the approved agreement and Partnership Agreement with stakeholder and donor, following a holistic approach.
- Monthly, quarter and daily reporting to the Project Manager based on the agreed Partnership Agreement.
- Collection of required data in close collaboration with the relevant staff and stakeholders to develop project reports.
- To attend coordination meetings in close collaboration with the program manager.
- To ensure the security policy and procedure are applied in the field level.
- Project identification, preparing of technical survey in planned projects areas and prepare future projections as well.
- Identify the project RHs Rights Holders (Beneficiaries).
- Monitor, and technical supervision and coach staff during visits to site.
- Suggest and assist project manager to conduct training at field level as necessary and appropriate.
- To ensure that the progress reports is matching the actual achievements on the ground.
- Collation and analysis of assessment data (through surveys, assessment and web statistics, interviews, case studies and reports) and analyzed against outcomes to draw out learning and implications.
- Triangulation of findings using different types of data and analysis of trends over time.
- Ensuring reports and findings are communicated effectively via close collaboration with the Project team and team leaders for Quality Assurance and Capacity Development in east region of Afghanistan.
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Diploma ) required
- Ability to organize a work schedule
- Ability to solve disputes between workers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Deep knowledge of the construction industry and processes
- Ability to read construction drawings and blueprints
- Perform quality checks on construction equipment
- At least 3-4 years of similar position.
- Experienced in community capacity building.
- Experienced in working in fragile contexts.
- Very good self-management competencies.
- Ability to communicate appropriately via Pashto and Dari.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – email@example.com
Applications should be received by OHW’s HR department on 25-April-2021 before 4:00 PM. And clearly, indicate the vacancy number and job title (Forman /424) in their email subject line. Otherwise, their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.