- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Address Oruzgan-Tarin Kot City with travel within the project area as requested by foot, motorbike or by car
- Years of Experience - 1 years of relevant work experience (cash programming, BCC, WASH, logistics, rural communities’ assistance) - Experience with an NGO
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 31-January-2023, 5 months initially
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Medair_UZG_AFG193
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education - High school graduate - Additional education in WASH, Logistics, Humanitarian or Development studies, Agriculture
- close Date September 29, 2022
Medair is an international humanitarian organization established in 1988. Medair has been operating in Afghanistan since 1996 with programs mainly in the Health, Water & Sanitation, and Livelihoods sectors with significant reconstruction activities in remote areas. Current projects are Water & Sanitation, Food Security, & Disaster Risk Reduction.
An Integrated Emergency Response: Medair aims to respond to high levels of food insecurity, malnutrition, and morbidity in Tirinkot district. The project intends to improve and extend WASH services including water supply infrastructure and hygiene practices to improve outcomes for vulnerable families.
To implement project activities relating to community relations, beneficiary selection, distributions and training for Food Assistance and hygiene kits.
An Integrated Emergency Response: Medair aims to respond to high levels of food insecurity, malnutrition, and morbidity in Tirinkot district, which have been significantly affected by drought and conflict conditions. Building upon Medair’s decades of experience in the Central Highlands and Kandahar, the project intends to improve and extend utilization of lifesaving preventive and curative nutrition and health services by mothers, PLWs and children U5; to increase access to clean water, to reduce vulnerability to water-related and other preventable diseases, and to improve and increase food security for the most vulnerable families.
- Runs household level assessment and market surveys to do the beneficiary identification and contributes towards trust and communication with selected partners.
- Conduct food assistance cash distribution and hygiene kits distribution.
- Give high quality and participatory trainings at community level during the distributions.
- Prepare trainings, making sure IEC materials is ready on time and processed correctly
- Ensure data collection and reporting documents (surveys, selection, distribution) are duly completed and submitted accurately and on time.
- Immediate notification of any suspicion of fraudulent activity amongst staff and external links.
- Adherence to Medair values and to contribute to the wellbeing of the team as an active member.
- Adherence to relevant legal framework of Afghanistan.
- Adherence to all NRS Regulations and Security Standard Operating Procedures and always maintain confidentiality.
- Input to and adhere to comprehensive activity plan (GANTT) for the duration of the project.
- Run beneficiary selection activities (baseline survey, house to house survey).
- Runs the food assistance distribution and the hygiene kits distribution.
- Ensure accurate data collection
- Assist in monitoring programme activities and ensures the beneficiary feedback is addressed and recorded
- Prepare and file tally sheets and Training sheets
- Support the timely distribution of project materials and support the WASH Supervisor in maintaining clear up-to-date records.
- Follow procurement and logistics procedures, ensure all financial accountability is completed in a timely and correct manner.
- Ensure beneficiary accountability is carried out and report any feedback to the FS Team Leader.
- Being an example in the community.
- High school graduate
- Additional education in WASH, Logistics, Humanitarian or
- Development studies, Agriculture
- 1 years of relevant work experience (cash programming, BCC, WASH, logistics, rural communities’ assistance)
- Experience with an NGO
- Experience in market assessment
- Experience in fraud prevention
- Fluent in spoken & written Pashto
- Basic English (English will be tested at interview)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Pashto Mother thong
- Basic working skills with Microsoft Office, this will be tested at the interview
- Experience using online surveys
- Competent using excel
- Experience using tablets
- Enthusiastic to work for an international NGO, to assist vulnerable communities in Uruzgan province
- Willing to learn new things and be trained further
- Experience working in a team.
- Clear communicator with colleagues and communities, willing to share information
- Prepared to adapt to a conservative rural community culture
- Willing to work and travel in remote locations with basic living conditions, as this is a field-based position
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes in location
- Flexible to perform other tasks in order to facilitate the programme
- Flexible in working hours, up to 6 days a week
Interested applicants should forward their CV and applications via this link: https://form.123formbuilder.com/5821821/form (copy & paste and open with a new page)
by not later than 29-September-2022, late applications will not be considered after 5pm.
For technical questions only, please message firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: PLEASE indicate the position vacancy number & position tittle both in your CV or in your Cover Letter.
“Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staffs are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices”