- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 12 month(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 178094
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date December 8, 2022
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience program’s across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
To perform a range of coordination and administrative activities that contribute to the safe and effective air service to the humanitarian community
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform operational coordination and administration of air operations, ensuring compliance with WFP standards, including risk management processes, to support safe and effective air operations.
• Liaise with airport officials and other local authorities in order to obtain necessary clearances, documentation and authorizations required for air operations.
• Carry out pre-flight actions to ensure that all registered passengers and cargo are duly carried on the flight, in coordination with crew to ensure safe flights, escalating issues to a supervisor.
• Collate all post-flight documentation in order to confirm flights have taken place and in compliance with established conditions.
• Research, collate and report on aviation related information, to enable decision-making and facilitate air transportation planning, execution and reporting in order to ensure contractual performance.
• Update and maintain relevant databases and records, ensuring that relevant information is accurate, organised, accessible to others, and supports reporting requirements.
• Respond to client queries, following standard processes and obtaining guidance or escalating as required, to ensure timely resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service.
• Liaise with internal counterparts in order to carry out duties successfully, support the alignment of aviation activities with wider programmes, to facilitate a coherent approach to air operations.
• Provide support to other staff, assisting them in completing tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Support process reviews, and improvements in methods and practices, in order to maximize the performance of air activities and related operations.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond in its core areas at the onset of a crisis.
First university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in relevant field.
At least 5 years experiences in Aviation, Fight, transport or relevant field.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience in restricted flying zones, and other aviation risks and assisting in flight planning.
Experience in handling passenger manifests and aircraft loading.
Experience in interpreting routine weather reports.
Experience in basic flight following and radio telephony procedures.
Computer skills in Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, typing English/Pashto/Dari
Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.