- Experience 2+ years of supply chain experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Type Not specified
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 210007KF
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 19, 2021
- Education undergraduate degree
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
As a member of the office’s Supply Chain team, the Fleet Assistant should ensure the effective coordination of all travel movements, and develop weekly movement plans with assigned drivers. Additionally, s/he will bear responsibility for the maintenance and management of all generators on site, ensuring that they are in good condition, appropriately stored and fit for purpose. KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Receive weekly updates from teams on their movement plans for the week ahead and assign drivers accordingly.
- Prepare and implement duty roster for drivers on a daily basis.
- Maintain and carefully file driver attendance and overtime records.
- Maintain and carefully file vehicle log books and vehicle maintenance reportsd.
- Support procurement processes that are related to vehicles.
- Support warehouse staff in the contracting of freight to dispatch / receive items.
- Collaborate with Safety & Security to confirm that all vehicles are in good condition.
- Collaborate with Safety & Security to ensure that all planned movements are safe to proceed.
- Ensure that generators are regularly maintained.
- Ensure that generators are securely stored in shaded areas.
- Ensures that generator log book is maintained
- Monitor fuel consumption and facilitate the purchase of fuel if needed.
- Abide by policies that prohibit fraud, nepotism, corruption and/or bribery.
- Maintain a strong awareness of Child Safeguarding policies.
- Operate with the highest standards of professionalism, and in a manner that is gender-sensitive and in compliance with Anti-Harrassment and PSEA policies.
- Contribute to a working environment which holds men and women in equal regard.
- Be willing to support and/or participate in humanitarian responses where required.
- Be willing to support and/or participate in trainings and other capacity strengthening initiatives for partners where required.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- 2+ years supply chain experience plus undergraduate degree
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of supply chain experience
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player
- Fluent in Pashto and Dari
- Good self-starter with effective time management skills
- Willingness to change working days and hours where there is need
- Experience of logistics, procurement and supply chain management
- Strong skills in coordinating and collaborating with others in partnership
- Positive, solution-driven, respectful and with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
- Fluency in English
- Experience working in humanitarian emergencies across multiple areas of Afghanistan
- Previous experience in NNGOs/INGOs, UN etc.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.