- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 9 month(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0014/MAPWO/BGL-Finance-Officer
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date November 27, 2022
About The Move Against Poverty of Women Organization – MAPWO:
Move Against Poverty of Women Organization (MAPWO) is a not-for-profit, non-political, and non-governmental humanitarian organization. MAPWO was established in 2016 to work alongside other national and international partners for provision of education, health, and other social services aiming to reach the most unreached and highly underserved pockets of the society and women empowerment focusing on alleviating the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups of the society in different community structures such as rural, urban, IDPs, returnees, etc. Since its establishment, MAPWO has worked hard to implement projects that ensure people’s access to quality and equitable education and health and other basic life services with focus on vulnerable group of society (women and girls).
The Finance Officer establishes and maintains efficient administrative systems and control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with administrative and financial rules and procedures. She/ he is responsible to ensure timely payment, sound financial reporting and record system, identify major financial risk and ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place, have a close field follow up and ensure proper reconciliation is done with all internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Management and Coordination:
1. Manage the day-to-day financial and administrative functions of the project.
2. Ensure compliance with financial internal controls, and ensure that transactions are processed and assets managed in accordance with MAPWO Financial Rules and Regulations
3. Assist the finance manager in the monthly/annual accounts closure, including bank reconciliations and submission of timely and accurate reports to headquarters
4. Develop and monitor field office budgets
5. Oversee recruitment and appointments of staff based in Kabul Wardak and Ghazni, and administer field staff entitlements and claims
6. Provide training and advice on human financial and administrative issues
7. Support the office on audit, financial risk management and fraud prevention issues
8. Make sure proper financial reporting system is in place
9. Ensure a proper filing system of all project files especially financial records of the project both at central and provincial levels.
10. To assist in any other areas as identified by the Finance Manager.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration is must (Master Degree will be preferred)
5 years’ experience with a bachelor degree, 7 years of professional experience with a Master degree in Finance, Accounting and project management is required.
Good Coordination and Communication Skills
Excellent understanding of financial rules and laws of NGOs, UN system and government
Excellent time and resources management skills
Commitment to MAPWO rule and procedure
Good Delegation, Prioritization and Problem-Solving skills
Excellent follow up skills
Great Knowledge of Literacy/ Education Programs
Able to handle pressure and workload
Great understanding of government laws, procedure and bureaucracy
LANGUAGES: Fluency in spoken and written English is required, Dari and Pashto languages are also a must.
GEOGRAPHY Based in Kabul with regular travels to Wardak and Ghazni provinces.
Supervision: The Finance Officer will be supervised by the Program Manager.
Afghanistan, Wardak, Ghazni
Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before the closing date. Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g. (Finance Officer) Vacancy Number: 0014/MAPWO/BGL-Finance-Officer to:
Well qualified female candidates will be given preference.