- Salary Offer As per scale
- Years of Experience Three years practical working experience in finance with local NGOs or International NGOs
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year - extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference UA-174/AFV-H 22-2022/FO
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education BBA in finance, MBA is preferred
- close Date November 26, 2022
About Union Aid:
Union Aid established in 1979 working for Afghan refugees in Pakistan and people in Afghanistan in different sectors such as health, education, livelihood, emergency relief, basic infrastructure with the support of UNHCR, WHO, WFP, AFV, GIZ, MI and several other donors.
Currently, Union Aid is implements various projects in health, livelihood, education, and rehabilitation of basic infrastructures, repatriation of IDPs, and emergency relief projects in different provinces of Afghanistan.
Union Aid is seeking for a capable Finance Officer for Kabul Office for AU-AFV/HEALTH project supported by Afghanischer Frauenverein e.V.. The Finance Officer will be responsible to assure Union Aid’s financial policies are strictly exercised in daily activities and documents are provided accordingly. The candidate will be responsible for the implementation of rules and regulation, control efficient and effective financial operations and fully comply with donor requirements.
- Responsible for implantation of Union Aid’s applicable policies and financial documents compiled accordingly,
- Responsible for overall financial and accounting duties of the project, including maintaining project bank accounts and Hawala contracts, petty cash, payments to vendors, staff payroll, tax payments for local purchases and withholdings to the Ministry of Finance, and all other financial and accounting issues.
- Preparing of vouchers and properly recording in QuickBooks system.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions.
- Reconciling of daily, monthly and yearly transactions in the QuickBooks.
- Tracking bank deposits and payments
- Assisting in financial management, including management of cash flows and multiple foreign currencies in accordance with donor contracts.
- Reviewing and implement financial policies.
- Reviewing invoices and statements and approve payment
- Maintaining checks on financial expenditures and prudent utilization of resources;
- Checking of all expenses according to the approved budget lines.
- Recording financial transactions of the site in primary books of accounts (organization Cashbook and QuickBooks).
- Facilitating the process of salary for the staff as well as processing of their monthly salary payment
- Ensuring final check and verification of financial documents before payment of cash.
- Making sure that all original financial documents are filed and kept in a safe place.
- Making sure the asset (fixed assets and material) of the project is well recorded.
- Managing the bank accounts, cash flow, payroll and payments to vendors
- Working with procurement staff to manage and travel advances, and expense reports,
- Ensuring proper filing of documents,
- Assisting in prepare monthly cash forecast and cash request,
- To reconcile all taxes, liabilities accounts and to reconcile with the record of tax officer,
- Providing all original vouchers to the internal and external auditors when it is required,
- To do any other task within the account unit which is assigned by senior accountant/head of Finance,
- Assisting in petty cash management.
- BBA in finance, MBA is preferred,
- Three years practical working experience in finance with local NGOs or International NGOs,
- Good written and fluent verbal communication skills in Pashto, Dari and English,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program and QuickBooks.
- Good communication skills, team work spirit and capability to respond challenging conditions,
- Proactive, persuasive, and ability to work under stress and with deadlines,
- Disciplined, professional, hard-worker,
- Flexible regarding working hours,
- Proactive, persuasive and ability to work under stress and with deadlines.
For applaying, please use below link.