- Salary Offer According to the organization Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 3 to 4 years of work experience in Finance, Finance administration or economics with national or international organizations
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 Months ( Project based)
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference KBL/07/22/019
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration and Accounting is required.
- close Date July 7, 2022
About Aga Khan Agency for Habitat, Afghanistan:
An agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
(MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS):
- Recording of expenses in cashbook within 2 days after receiving the invoices.
- Payment of all taxed related to the organization on timely manner.
- Makes sure all the invoices processed are related to organization and proper documents are provided before the reimbursement.
- Prepare the reports to ministry of economy every six month and make sure to submit the report on timely manner.
- Preparing all donor funded projects reports and makes sure that all the expenses are charged to the correct BL and donor compliance are met.
- Reconciliation of staff advances and salary advances, keep track of the advances and make sure that advances cleared on monthly basis and advances are not due over 60 Days.
- Providing budget utilization on monthly basis to CFO and other senior managers in the organization.
- Maintaining fixed assets register Sheets
- Maintaining of scan voucher and verification of scan vouchers for the project on monthly basis.
- Ensure that all transactions correctly recorded in the cashbook and the correct budget lines are used and posted in the system (QUICK BOOKS)
- Developing project monthly expenditure report on 7th of each month for all donor projects.
- Understand and meet expectations of stakeholders, including the CFO, other colleagues, Board members, auditors, senior management, and Donors.
- Undertake any other tasks and assigned by CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration and Accounting is required. Professional accountancy designation from a recognized institution would be desirable.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of work experience in Finance, Finance administration or economics with national or international organizations, including 1 or 2 years of supervisory role
- Experience of working in a finance department with exposure to accounting, reporting and multi-currency ledgers
- Experience of working with international/Local NGOS or any other UN agencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package components
- Advanced hands-on production and adaptation of pivot tables/formulas in Excel
- Use of accounting packages and databases preferred
- Fluency in English and local language(s)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Good knowledge of accounting
- Ability to work as team and bring new ideas and creativity
- IT skills, knowledge of financial software
Excellent interpersonal skills
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a cover letter describing your interest and suitability for the position along with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to
- Please quote Position Title and Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying
- No supporting documents (e.g. diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
- Salary: According to Aga Khan Agency for Habitat (AKAH)-Salary Scale
Aga Khan Agency for Habitat, Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity, safe guarding of children from abuse and zero tolerance to sexual-harassment.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.