- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 4 Years of Consecutive Working Experience in Finance
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Till 31st December 2021 (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA-2021-126
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date October 20, 2021
- Education Bachelor Degree in finance, Business administration or equivalence from recognized university.
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of Finance Officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility. The purpose of the job is to make sure that the financial issues within South Area is managed, filed and reported timely. The post holder is responsible on implementation of NRC financial systems, policies and procedures in area level.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Core Competency (CC) project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Development of holistic and needs based programs, including cash-based interventions and marked based programs
- Ensure that budgeting, accounting, year-end procedures and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the Accounting.
- Ensure that all the costs are booked according to the project timeline
- Ensure that costs are not booked to the close project
- Be flexible to travel to field offices as and when necessary.
- Proper checking of (Project code, Account code, Activity code, Cost center, Res#, Donor account, Supplier ID and description) after data posted into system.
- Responsible for filling and follow up of financial transaction vouchers on monthly basis.
- Provide vouchers to the auditor upon request.
- Timely advice to field offices in case of errors in prior consultation with Finance Coordinator
- The given task should be completed within the timeframe identified by Field Office Coordinator and finance team
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Covering finance coordinator position in absence of finance coordinator.
- Verification of financial docs (payment voucher, travel cost, per diem,)
- Prepare salary Allocation on monthly.
- Preparation monthly financial report to Support office.
- Participation in procurement committee.
- Willing to perform assigned tasks by line manager.
Function specific responsibilities
- Ensure that the filling, scanning, file reconciliations are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Maintain control on the document in the archive
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- 4 years’ experience working as a Finance Officer/Finance assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programs.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration-Specialization in Finance or equivalence from recognized university.
- English (Fluency in Reading, Writing, and Understanding)
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
Only those who closely meet the job requirement will be informed.
Use Online Application Form