- Salary Offer Grade (F) Step (1-3) NTA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 2-3 Years relevant
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 months (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 23222
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education High School diploma is must, bachelor will be preferred
- close Date May 18, 2022
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
Cash & Bank Payment Activities: These activities require frequent travel to and working with bank staff, Hawalas, loyal government officials etc. Transport is provided by an IRC.
- Assist FO upon receipt of approved documentation prepare/process cash/bank payment vouchers.
- Assist FO in reconciliation of cash/bank accounts with spread sheet records.
- Assist FO to maintain and update spreadsheet for Kabul office transactions on daily basis.
- To review and verify the transactions spreadsheet and supporting documents from field office ensuring compliance with IRC procedures/policy.
- Participate in direct and indirect cash distributions for beneficiaries in close coordination with program M&E and security departments.
- Providing support to team members during the monthly and yearly closure of the accounts.
- Assist in posting of daily transaction into spreadsheet.
- Assist FO to clear online BVA system for cash & bank payments on daily basis.
- Maintain a proper filling system for Finance department and make sure every voucher is stamped.
- Provide documents upon internal/external audit requests.
- Make sure to sort and file the vouchers of filed offices payments processed in Kabul.
- Assis TAX officer in preparing of monthly tax report to MTO when required.
- Having good relationship with other department staff and vendors.
- Any other Task assigned by direct / technical supervisors.
- Must have knowledge of computer office package especially MS Excel and MS word packages.
- High School diploma is must, bachelor will be preferred – prior experience with computerized accounting package.
- At least 2-3 years working experience with INGOs.
- Detail orientated, organized, and able to work well in fast paced environment.
- Should be able to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal skills)
- Should be able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Should be a team-player, with flexible working habits and willingness to take on additional tasks as required to forward the aims of the team.
- Should have team spirit, and work to foster good cooperation with other colleagues in the team and wider IRC Country Program.
interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following address or email us on (AF-Recruitment@rescue.org)
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul
Qala-e-Fathullah, Street 3, close to Takyakhana-e-Fatimi