- Salary Offer 4A
- Experience At least 2-3 years’ experience in the relevant j
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Fixed Term
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 617/2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date April 18, 2021
- Education Bachelor’s degree in in finance, business administration or similar
About Concern Worldwide- Afghanistan:
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Currently, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998, when it responded to an earthquake disaster in Takhar province. Currently Concern has been working in Takhar and Badakhshan provinces undertaking both emergency response and long term developmental work in the areas of livelihood security, primary education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
~~Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure all payments and receipts are made in Kabul in a timely way, with complete and accurate documentation, in such a way as to provide professional and friendly customer service.
• Ensure that all staff understand the payment procedures, timing, templates and required documentation and are confident about respective responsibilities in finance etc.
• Check and ensure documentation for the payment requests submitted to finance has all relevant papers attached, with proper approval and accurate coding and are properly justified.
• Ensuring all books of account for cash and bank services are accurately and timely updated on a daily basis.
• Ensure adequate funds are available in safe and bank account to support smooth operation of Kabul office.
• Ensure professional management of bank accounts of Kabul, including mandates, signatories and other legal formalities.
• Ensure cash verification form prepared daily basis before leaving the office and make sure that the same is verified by designated and approved by the authorized person
• Ensure that all books of accounts in all offices are professionally produced, managed with integrity, accurately and timely updated and thoroughly reviewed and reconciled and any differences are resolved satisfactorily.
• Ensuring complete, well-organized and clearly labelled filling and safe storage of all financial documents.
• Ensure the completed books of account and supporting reconciliations with other required information is sent to Head Office according to the set deadlines.
• Ensure all the vouchers are cancelled with PAID seal immediately after making the payment.
• Ensuring proper and complete financial documentation is retained in a convenient location to support the reports submitted and audit trail.
• Review effectively all payment documentation to ensure full compliance with Concern’s policies and practices, delegation of authority, standard best practices, donor requirements, taxation and other regulations including deposits of Tax deducted at source within the required time.
• Preparing monthly payroll for Kabul National office staff on timely basis.
• Coordinate and consolidate Kabul office drivers and guards overtime for monthly payroll process.
• Prepare monthly fund forecast for Kabul office and sent to Head Office on set deadline.
• Compile monthly tax payable to tax authority for staff, suppliers and office rent and get approval from Finance Coordinator.
• Ensuring monthly tax transferred to tax authority within set time line.
• Work with Finance Coordinator to receive ACSS forms for tax transfers from relevant bank.
• Prepare the standard tax forms, process approval and submit it with other required documents to MTO.
• Maintain proper filing system for all processed and outstanding tax forms. Ensure all vouchers have a copy of signed tax form.
• Coordinate with Logistic and Admin departments to ensure all suppliers are received a copy of tax form.
• Ensure annual tax return submitted with proper documents required by MTO and meet all queries related to annual return.
• Manage MTO web portal by updating all the tax information on monthly basis to avoid penalty payment by Concern.
• Ensuring good coordination with MTO
• Advise Finance, HR, Admin/Logistic departments and Field Offices for all tax regulations and any changes to the Afghanistan Tax Law. Provide training when necessary.
• Serve as focal point and representative of CWW Afghanistan in all meetings and correspondence with Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economy and relevant directorates.
• In close consultation with Finance Coordinator, submitting all projects by-annual reports and project registrations to MoEc, and meet to all their queries related to by-annual report on timely basis.
• Collect timesheets from relevant Kabul staff and ensure compliance requirements.
• Support the RSO and HR to ensure all Systems staffs understand the National Staff Manual, programme participant’s protection policy (P4), Concern Vision & Mission, Core Values.
• Manage and file all HR documents for Staff, ensuring that all personal files are up to date and contain all documents required.
• Support the RSO and HR Department in local recruitment
• Liaise with the RSO in addressing staff work related issues
• on a timely basis.
• Responsible for management and timely request of office equipment and supplies in accordance with the Concern policy and guidance from the RSO.
• Maintain an up-to-date stock for office stationery and other office supplies.
• Maintain a system of filing of, administration, logistic, transport and HR records, correspondence, personal records, and forms.
• Be responsible for the update and maintenance of Inventory and assets registration, and carry out a physical check of all inventories on a quarterly basis.
• Identification, negotiation and short listing of rental premises as needed
• Ensuring all lease agreements for Offices and Houses are drawn up and renewed in a timely manner.
• Assist the RSO to ensure that internal control maintain in Concern Procurement & Logistics procedures are followed in all purchase of goods and services.
• Be part of purchase committee, and actively participate in all procurement process.
• Responsible for management of the stationary and office supplies store.
• Ensure that the best prices are obtained for the goods and services
• Responsible for monitoring the generator usage, fuel usage and stock, monitoring report should be submitted to finance on monthly basis.
• Ensure that Vehicle logbook are accurately kept and detailed monthly report is sent to Transport Manager.
• Be permanent member of SFG (Security Focal Group) and actively participate in all SFG meetings in weekly basis, and ensure that all security incidents are reported to RSO and in consultation with the RSO to the security officer.
• To ensure that all SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) in the Security Manual are in place, understood and adhered to.
• Be responsible for implementation and monitoring of all security protocols relating to transport and communication.
CHS & Emergency:
• Concern is committed to CHS to ensure downward accountability. Concern activities are guided by CHS standards in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan, we also bounded our activities by Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with CHS principles and benchmarks as instructed by its policies and therefore make sure that you accept and implement CHS standards in all your activities.
• To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond
~~Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in in finance, business administration or similar
At least 2-3 years’ experience in the relevant job and with a reputed INGO, including proven knowledge and experience of systems functions, especially in finance or supply chain management.
Competencies & Skills:
Computer skills preferred (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
Excellent Dari and English speaking, reading and writing ability.
Possess good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization, openly and transparently
Well-developed interpersonal and team building skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
~~Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicants suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. In the first instance applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan marked to the attention of the Human Resources Department. And / or to any other field offices of Concern in Faizabad, Yawan, Chahab, Kundaz and Kabul (Shari now, 5th Street of Qalai Fatullah, connected with Qalai Moosa) or through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line must be: (618/2021 Finance Assistant) or your application may not be considered.
Closing Date: 18 April 2021