- Salary Offer SCA Internal salary scale
- Address Ghazni City
- Years of Experience • At least 1-2 year working experience preferably with one of the National/International NGO's or UN offices in the related field.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/GRMO-37/2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Graduated from Faculty of Economy or holder of BBA (Finance & Accounting) from any relevant institute
- close Date August 11, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
- Financial control in compliance with SCA rules and regulations (Check the calculation of vouchers, chart of account codes and supportive documents).
- Facilitate the concerned cashier in preparation of monthly cashbook and documents calculation and filling system.
- Preparing transaction summary and numbering the vouchers prior to be entered to cash book & accounting Software).
- To be responsible for data entry of field project staff’s payroll to excel data sheet.
- Facilitate concerned the F/M in reconciliation of the day book journal entries with the vouchers and posting Journal entries to Ledgers.
- To be responsible that an adequate and appropriate filing system for documents of original entry is properly maintained.
- Reconciling and updating accounting dimension codes (account codes, Cost center, donor codes, statistic codes and facilities codes) whenever it is required.
- Reconcile the accounts of inventory of stock in close co-operation with the KMO/RMO Logistics sections.
- Preparation of adjustment/correction vouchers.
- Maintaining the accounting system, copy of payrolls,
- Facilitate the concerned Senior Accountant in month end and year end account closing process.
- To prepare all required details/specifications such as tax details
- Prepare tax reconciliation statements for wages, contractor and house tax accounts, and share the reconciliation results with Kabul Management Office (KMO) tax senior officer and Regional Management Office (RMO) finance manager for adjustments and follow up.
- To keep track of Loan, advances and Imprest holders with close cooperation of the related RMO Finance Manager/cashier.
- Providing all original vouchers to Internal and External auditors when it is required and also to be filed back.
- To represent Account unit in the procurement team particularly on spot purchasing when you are requested.
- To be responsible to communicate particularly the technical issues with the concerned units RMOs and such communications to be conduct to his/her superior.
- To clear /reconcile all internal receivables/liabilities (in GRMO) on monthly basis
- To take over the responsibility of cashier, who are away from the offices such as annual leave (more than one week) or until the vacant position of cashier is filled by employing of new staff.
- Accompanying the concerned GRMO/Staff during field visits to respective Regional Management Office.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the line supervisor or F/M.
- Graduated from Faculty of Economy or holder of BBA (Finance & Accounting) from any relevant institute
- At least 1-2 year working experience preferably with one of the National/International NGO’s or UN offices in the related field.
- Should be able to work in pressurized and complex environment that is constantly and rapidly changing.
- Must be patient, and having good communication and problem-solving skills
- To be good in speaking, reading and writing in English, Dari or Pashto languages
- Skilled in use of computer and various packages, preferably in Excel
- To be very good in arithmetic and calculation
- Willing to travel in the field projects.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter through the link below: https://scahris.odoo.com/jobs/announcements/detail/finance-assistant-151
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.