- Address Bamian & Badakhshan
- Years of Experience 10 years full-time experience in accounting and finance. Training in Financial reporting and training in software (e.g., QuickBooks)
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Finance /Admin Manager/Chief Financial Officer 001
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period Not Specified
- Education Bachelor’s degree in finance or economics or equivalent in finance certified by the relevant higher education authority in Afghanistan or other countries
- close Date August 23, 2022
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan (AKHS,A), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a long-term partner of the ‘Ministry of Public Health, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’ for the implementation of “Basic Package of Health Services” in three provinces (Baghlan, Bamyan and Badakhshan), and implementation of Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) in Badakhshan and Bamyan province. AKHS-A is implementing three Community Midwifery Education Program Schools each in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Baghlan
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Monthly data closing of the financial data within deadline.
- Ensure timely and quality reports to donors, provincial governmental bodies and central office
- Ensure overall management of the finance department (Accounts, Treasury, Reporting and Compliance)
- Prepare, process and manage the organizational and donor-wise budgets
- Review the processes and provide reports and corrective suggestions time to time to local management and central office
- Preparation of Monthly Information System reports
- Preparation of monthly Funding Request
- Operate and manage the organizational FIS setup of the province – iScala
- Ensure that all vouchers are archived as per organizational policy – Soft and Hard copies
- Ensure the capacity building of the subordinates based on the timelines and details agreed with central office finance department
- Periodic Internal Control System assessment with written reports to the local and central management
- Any other deemed necessary by the local and central management
- Ensure a corruption free and compliant to policies and procedures of the organization in all departments
- Ensure the treasury management of different donors and project separately
- Ensure that all procurement processes are as per the organizational policies and procedures with all required documentations
- Any or all other departmental accountabilities not listed above but part of the position
Education: bachelor’s degree in finance or economics or equivalent in finance certified by the relevant higher education authority in Afghanistan or other countries.
Experience: 10 years full-time experience in accounting and finance. Training in Financial reporting and training in software (e.g., QuickBooks)
Should have a mix of autocratic and democratic styles of management
Honesty, accountability and modesty
Young and energetic
Willingness to learn
Contribution oriented person – NOT an attendance oriented person
Willingness to stay late and/or work on weekends to meet the deadlines
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their Applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (Finance /Admin Manager/Chief Financial Officer 001) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Note:Applications are reviewed on active bases and after receiving sufficient eligible applications we may process the position before closing date.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social status’.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.
AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to app