- Salary Offer As Per Organization Salary Scale
- Years of Experience At-least 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in humanitarian relief or development sector/context, NGO programs, and project experience. Preference will be given to the locals of the duty station.Familiar with common donors (like BHA /USAID, AHF
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 02-11-2022-IMC-PAK
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Typically, a Bachelor’s degree in Humanitarian Affairs, Social Science, /Public Health, or graduated from a Medical University as Medical Doctor.
- close Date November 30, 2022
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through healthcare training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and healthcare to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
To learn more about our mission, visit https://internationalmedicalcorps.org/who-we-are. International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through healthcare training and relief and development programs.
The primary responsibility of the Field Site Manager is to support the implementation of field programs. The field Site Manager will be responsible for operations in their respective assigned field location/s. The Field Site Manager is responsible for providing leadership and managing humanitarian programming.
The FSM will be the focal point for this region of International Medical Corps activities, ensuring effective management of programs, resources, staff, and support functions in field sites. It will contribute to developing an area-specific strategy. The Field Site Manager guides program implementation by coordinating logistics, finance, HR, and administration functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent International Medical Corps and coordinate assessments and activities with implementing agencies in the area to avoid duplication and fill service gaps.
- Promote positive leadership through regular and efficient internal coordination meetings for on-site personnel.
- In the spirit of transparency, promote International Medical Corps work and liaise with relevant external stakeholders, local leaders, and government officials.
- Identify and build collaborative partnerships with NGO partners, sub-grantees, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate in developing service maps and other networks that may assist clients in accessing services and create a positive image of the International Medical Corps and its personnel in the area of responsibility.
- Oversee program management functions in responsibility, including planning and the timely implementation of programs.
- Assist teams in the development and execution of work plans.
- Ensure accurate monitoring systems are established;
Lead or contribute to high-quality, timely, accurate reporting.
- Implement and oversee International Medical Corps logistics, finance, HR, and administration procedures; create an environment of mutual respect where personnel adheres to guidelines.
- Regularly review procurement, identify bottlenecks, and develop timely solutions.
- Lead planning and procurement of operational supplies for the site.
- Ensure warehouse spot checks are conducted and share reports.
- Submit cash requests based on planned monthly expenses.
- Oversee staffing plans,
- Support recruitment, orient, and supervise new team members as necessary.
- Support identification of training needs, advocate, and plan for professional development.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback.
- Contribute to team-building efforts, and support team members to identify solutions to problems.
- Closely work with Field Compliance to address the weaknesses noted during compliance review and facilitate documents/ data for conducing his reviews.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining field site standard security documents. Create an environment where adhere to and respect IMC security procedures and protocols.
- Ensure security briefing is provided to site visitors within 24 hours of arrival.
- Monitor changes and trends. Alert the Team Leader and Security Manager/focal point of changes to the text that may contribute to the security of International Medical Corps personnel, programming, or damage the International Medical Corps reputation.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily inclusive in size. You may be required to travel to other parts of the country if required.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct, maintain humanitarian principles and respect international humanitarian law.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity
- It is all staff’s shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children and adults at risk; and any form of trafficking in persons.
* Typically, a bachelor’s degree in Humanitarian Affairs, Social Science, /Public Health, or graduated from a Medical University as Medical Doctor.
* At-least 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in humanitarian relief or development sector/context, NGO programs, and project experience. Preference will be given to the locals of the duty station.Familiar with common donors (like BHA /USAID, AHF/UNOCHA, UNICEF, UNFPA)
- Fluent in use of the Microsoft Office suite and web-based files.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the International Medical Corps to a broad range of people and organizations.
- Knowledge, practical understanding of, and ability to work within both relief and development NGO contexts
- Team working, flexibility and relationship-building skills, ability to develop positive working relations across functions and cultures, quite often at a distance
- Problem-solving skills in day-to-day and crisis situations.
- Resilience and stress management skills for self and team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto is required.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.