- Salary Offer As per AAH Salary Scale
- Address Lashkargah
- Years of Experience At least 5 years’ experience in Project Management 3 years Managerial Experience
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration End of December 2022 (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AAH/AFG-2022-103
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduate / Master degree preferred in any discipline,
- close Date August 11, 2022
About Action Against Hunger:
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995. AAH improved access to health and nutrition services for the most vulnerable people, who live in remote areas without a local health system. In particular, the country team supported pregnant and breastfeeding women and children under five, who are at greater risk of malnutrition. Nutrition programmes rely on an integrated approach, addressing both primary and underlying causes, in order to have a lasting impact on nutritional status. The country team worked at community level, in villages and at provincial level, strengthening the public health system. It also worked at national level to ensure reliable information about the nutritional situation reached the wider humanitarian community. Covid-19 prevention was integrated into all interventions and additional response activities were implemented, such as the disinfection of health facilities and public places, cash assistance, psychosocial support and the distribution of hygiene kits to affected populations.
To ensure the high quality implementation of Helmand base projects in Helmand Province, Afghanistan
Mission 1: Contribute in strategic planning and the positioning of ACF in Helmand
- Monitor and analyze general and key ACF indicators in the field of intervention;
- Define the operational direction to be promoted in relation to the strategy, the capacities of the mission and the identification of need in the sector;
- Identify the presence and the strategic orientations of other partners in the field with a view to improving coordination and effective working;
- Gather, analyze and share relevant information in the context of technical and operational strategy meetings organized by the HoDs, DCD or the Field Coordinator.
Mission 2: Identify needs and contribute to projects elaboration
- Carry out need assessment missions (methodology, team training, investigations in the field, data collection and analysis);
- Write up analysis reports;
- Put forward recommendations for the definition and elaboration of programs
- Work on the definition of programs, taking into account logistics, administration, other areas of intervention, partners, and put forward recommendations (context, methods of implementation…);
- Contribute to proposals for intervention (logical framework, covering literature, text, budget, time scales and logistics…..) in collaboration with the departments concerned.
Mission 3: Projects planning, implementation and monitoring
- Support project managers in monitoring of the logical framework indicators, planning, budget follow up and technical support in their respective projects;
- Ensure the overall monitoring (operational & financial, qualitative & quantitative) and coordination of the projects with a particular focus on the deadlines, objectives and indicators;
- Analyze the programs’ activities and results and proposes improvements and modifications in collaboration with technical departments;
- Ensure regular field monitoring visits when possible to the projects areas;
- Lead desktop review of individual projects with Project Managers on a regular basis.
Mission 4: Ensure appropriate Coordination and partnership relationship:
- Internal (with technical and support departments)
- Participate in the base coordination meetings and support the projects teams to identify the support required from base coordination and ensure availability of it;
- Follow up procurement plan and coordinate with support departments (base and capital) for all needs related to supply, finance, recruitment and administration formalities;
- Communicates with the logistics and administration departments in order to have appropriate follow up of respective departments (supply requests, stocks, etc. and budget and expense follow ups) and solve problems as they arise;
- Ensures that Program Managers coordinate on a regular basis with all relevant partners at local level and participate to monthly technical coordination forum.
- Coordinate with authorities at provincial level and with other actors including NGO, UN and government (FSL, Nutrition, Health and WASH) present in the projects implementation areas for information sharing, avoid duplication;
- Review protocols and MoUs’ with authorities, partners and other organizations and ensures their consistency between all the sectors for validation by Field Coordinator;
- Define action plans with partners and regular follow up of its implementation;
- Represent ACF in various forums together with Field Co when linked with the projects at provincial level.
Mission 5: Management of projects team
- Prepare individual action plan together with the staff directly supervised, follow up on progress and update when needed;
- Ensure annual appraisal of staff directly supervised (more often if needed);
- Identify the training needs and train (or organize training) the team in any methods, approaches or technical aspects useful to the implementation of the project;
- Partake in recruitment of Project staffs and ensure proper procedures is followed;
- Communicates regularly with the program teams for follow up, troubleshooting and technical and strategic advice.
Mission 6: Ensure reporting and contribute to capitalization and advocacy
- Ensure program reporting through monthly activity reports (ACF APR format) of the projects with a qualitative look at the programs (compilation of WASH and nutrition/health sectorial APR and production of multi-sectorial part as well as overall analysis of the projects progress);
- Comply with donor requirement on interim and or final reports submission to Deputy Country Director in coordination with technical HoDs;
- Compile all documents dealing with the essential techniques and methodologies involved in the projects (including the list of beneficiaries and distribution etc..) for capitalization and audit purposes;
- Support the development of a multi-sectorial ACF advocacy strategy and its implementation at provincial level;
- Write a handover report at the end of the mission.
- Graduate / Master degree preferred in any discipline,
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project Management
- 3 years Managerial Experience
- Experience in NGO environment and Management of the staff
- Fluency in English and local languages (Dari and Pashton)
- Understand Donor/Grant Environment requirements, etc
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department AAH office or can also be emailed to:
email@example.com no later 11 of Aug 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer
We will review applications on a rolling basis. AAH will be scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Previous applicants need not submit their applications again.