- Salary Offer According to SWRO's Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 1 year with possibility of extension
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 1 year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference ANCC/URZ/002
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
- close Date December 10, 2022
Afghanistan National Re-Construction Co-ordination (ANCC) is professionally managed committed Afghan, nongovernmental, non-political and nonprofit development oriented organization. It was established in 1994 to meet the dire needs of vulnerable Afghan refugees and internally displaced families at the time of civil war and factional fighting followed by Soviet Union’s invasion of the country and troops withdrawal in early 1990’s. Earlier it was registered with UN coordination body for Afghanistan in Pakistan. Presently, ANCC is registered with Ministry of Economy under registration number 117. Its main area of work is community development with participatory approaches.
ANCC head office is located in Kabul with a regional office in Kandahar. For successful outreach and effective implementation of projects in target areas it has provincial offices in TarinKot city of Uruzgan, Zaranj city of Nimroz, Qalat city of Zabul, Lashkergah city of Helmand, Farah city, Gardez City of Paktia, Jalalabad city of Nanagarhar, Kandahar city and branch offices in districts of Nimroz, Uruzgan, Helmand, Farah, Zabul, Paktia, Nangarhar and Kandahar. ANCC has experienced staff that is all well versed with local areas, their cultures and social norms with strong community relations, including tribal elders, Shuras and government authorities.
Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Program Manager and Project Manager, the incumbent carries out the following duties:
- Read understand and apply HR Management policy and manual
- Read, understand and apply the Program Management Policy and Manual
- Monitor, evaluate and supervise from ongoing projects to make sure the infrastructure projects are running according to plan and budget.
- Liaison with local authorities;
- Manage the whole projects cycle implementation.
- Ensure cross-program integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices from other ANCC regional programs.
- Over all responsible for technical survey, estimation, implementation, quality control and quality assurance of projects
- Ensure overall procedures during the project implementation are applied as per Rural Development Program (RDP) engineering manual and donor requires
- Ensure the project will not affect negatively environment and assure social and environmental safeguard in the implementation for the project
- Prepare and provide project progress report to the immediate supervisor in timely manner
- Ensure projects are technically sound and the progress is made as per the scheduled timeframe in accordance to the technical proposal
- Assist guide and participate in community participatory monitoring and accountability events at the project level and prepare relevant reports accordingly
- To watch over fulfilment of tasks given to skilled and unskilled labors to expedite construction work
- To properly allocate skilled and unskilled labors according to plan for the task to be completed
- To guide people under his responsibility about the way to fulfil their assignment
- Ensure quality of work and especially construction materials brought in to the project site
- To verify presence on the work site of all personal under him and report to the immediate supervisor
- Master/Bachelor in Civil Engineering
- Strong knowledge in Auto Cad programmed ,MS Office is a must
- At least 5 years of working experience in a non-profitable organization in the similar capacity (Field Engineer)
- Strong knowledge in internet/email writing
- Fluent in English, Pashto and Dari languages (speaking, understanding, writing)
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned requirements, are encouraged to submit their updated cover letter expressing their candidacy, Scan copy of Tazkira, Educational Diploma and Application Form to the following E-mail addresses with specification of vacancy number and position
Note: ANCC is pleased to announce that priority gives to all south region candidates to apply for this vacant positions particularly Uruzgan candidates.