- Salary Offer As per the organization salary scale
- Years of Experience At least five years of experience in a similar field with non-profit
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 11 Months with 3 months' probation period
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference DCA/22/253
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science
- close Date November 29, 2022
About Dutch Committee for Afghanistan (DCA):
DCA has been present in Afghanistan since 1988, focusing its interventions to herders and pastoralists communities’ resilience and enabling them to achieve long-term, inclusive and equitable development. DCA is currently implementing several livestock development and humanitarian program in 29 Provinces of Afghanistan. In 2021, we were able to benefit more than 586,000 vulnerable Afghans in building their resilience.
DCA’s mission is to reduce poverty and increase food security for the people of Afghanistan by protecting the livelihoods assets and building resilience. Our livelihoods approach sits at the nexus of humanitarian, development, and peacebuilding, and focuses on building resilience in a conflict-setting. DCA’s community driven approach is built upon four major pillars: food security and livelihoods improvement, extension, value chain development, and institutional capacities. Together, these four fields of activity constitute a powerful mix to drive our mission. Gender equality and one health (the interface between human, animal and environmental health stressing on new pandemics and epidemics such as COV-19) will continue to be our fundamental guiding principles.
Afghanistan is in the midst of a severe economic crisis, likely to exacerbate food shortages and other forms of hardship for vast swathes of its population. FSAC (2022) reported that over 24 million people of Afghanistan either fall under IPC phase 3 or above due to a number of complex crises including the COVID-19 pandemic, drought, change of government, and collapse of the banks. The livestock sector that drives food security and livelihoods of 80% of the population and the source of transformation and inclusive growth are most affected. More than 41% of the population reported a decrease in the number of livestock while other analyses indicated more than 60% of the livestock are under critical conditions due to feed shortage, animal health and market failure requiring urgent response (food security cluster, 2021). This provides strong justification for IFAD’s response for continuing engagement in the country.
Rural Poor Stimulus Facility – Afghanistan (RPSF) project contributes in addressing these challenges with a focus on the nomadic Kuchi and smallholder milk producers bearing in mind the disruption in their access to veterinary services, animal feed and access to markets especially for the perishable dairy products as a result of the COVID pandemic. In this scenario 60,000 Kuchi households and 4,350 milk collectors and sellers along the Kabul, Herat, and Mazar milk value chain would be benefiting from the project. The project targets Parwan, Kabul, Logar, Khost, Nangarhar, Laghman, Paktiya, Herat, Balkh and Baghlan Provinces.
Major Components of RPSF Project are:
- Provision of inputs and basic assets for production
- Facilitated access to markets
 FSAC – Food Security and Agriculture Cluster of Afghanistan
 IPC – Integrated food security phase classification
 Food Security Cluster (2021), IPC Acute Food Insecurity Analysis, Sept 2021-March 2022, Issued in October 2021.
Under the overall steer of the project manager of RPSF, the Field Coordinator is responsible for the overall project implementation at the provincial level and report to the assigned manager to ensure that the project achieves the desired and intended measurable and verifiable results on the time within the budget and in compliance with the donor’s and DCA-Livestock programs polices and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With coordination of project manager prepare comprehensive action plan and follow the target achievement.
- Manage mobilization and fieldwork in the province, district and village levels based on given work plan and activities along with the other project staff in the field.
- Introduce the project to relevant stakeholders (Public sector, VUF staff, farmers, Traders etc) and coordinate with their staff.
- Carry out assessment and select suitable people for paravet training, and (VFU staff or others) and beneficiaries
- Maintain close contact and strong relations with the project staff in target provinces and ensure that the project is planned, managed and implemented according to agreements with the donor.
- Solve the problems and challenges, if any, with the project staff, the communities and district authorities.
- Facilitate and organize meetings and events that concern the project activities.
- Develop a proper archiving system for the project-related reporting and correspondence. Supervise and make sure that the project activities in field offices are running smoothly and there is close coordination with related sectors, at district and CDCs Level.
- Conduct project baseline and end line surveys upon request of Project Manager and DCA-Livestock M&E team.
- Prepare and submit the scheduled weekly plans to the Project Manager.
- Prepare and submit the weekly reports to the Project Manager.
- Prepare monthly, 6 monthly and annual “Project Progress Reports” by collating required information himself/herself and inputs from the provincial project team.
- Any other tasks which is required for the successful implementation of the project or assigned by the project manager.
- Bachelor of veterinary medicine, Animal science
- At least five years of experiencing in a similar field with non-profit organizations.
- Good communication and public relation skills
- Excellent writing skills in Dari, Pashto, and English Languages.
- Good Community Mobilization skills.
- Having good time management and planning skills.
- Computer skills – office software
- Willing to visit the field work frequently.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link, and fill out the application form.