- Address Herat/ Afghanistan
- Years of Experience 3 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Subject to the project life cycle
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HR1062-AFGA/222
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 2 Months
- Education At least university graduate in community development or other relevant trade.
- close Date June 6, 2023
About Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA:
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, not-for-profit and non-political organization established in 1968. AFGA has been working in the field of Reproductive health and Rights since its inception and has recently become an associate member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
AFGA activities were suspended due to war and conflict in the country for ten years (1992-2002) and resumed its activities in 2002 with financial support from International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
IPPF is an alliance of 151 family planning associations known as Member Associations which has projects in over 180 countries. IPPF continues to be the largest civil society provider of reproductive health information and services in the world.
The community social organizer position holder is responsible for health project support on targeted communities’ level, this person will improve the access of health services provided by Family Health Houses (FHHs) in targeted locations in Herat province. The primary responsibility of community mobilizer is to mobilize the targeted communities, build their capacity through regular meeting, collection of community mobilization and trainings data and, encouragement of targeted communities for improvement of health services particularly RMNCAH services in targeted locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mobilize the target communities to project intervention, procedures and policy and to inspire them to actively play their role in the promotion of project aims in close collaboration with community members and FHHs project supervisor.
- Conduct baseline surveys on community, develop and implement community mobilization plan.
- Mobilizes and motivates the target communities on gender equality issues.
- Inspires the sense of contribution, participation and self-reliance in the target communities.
- Establishes and develops good mutual understanding, cooperation and trust between AFGA FHHs project and the target communities.
- Maintains good working relations with authorities.
- Work with stakeholders, family, and community for acceptance of health services provision activities, health promotion and RMNCAH targeted activities.
- Develop training materials for specific stakeholders or communities.
- In close collaboration with Project Supervisor, participate to follow up with employers for On-the-Job training and employment assistance.
- Collect community mobilization and services data and assists FHHs project supervisor in data analysis and interpretation and report development.
- Collect and compiles community mobilization and services data for compile reports.
- Submit community mobilization, monitoring, counseling, training, and observation information to project supervisor.
- Assists FHHs project Supervisor in the development of provincial program scope.
- Assists FHHs project Supervisor in setting AOP at sub/site office level.
- Assists FHHs project Supervisor in developing project implementation plans.
- Assists FHHs project Supervisor in developing project operation, budget at sub/site office level.
EDUCATION: At least university graduate in community development or other relevant trade.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least three years working experience in community mobilization particularly in health projects.
SKILLS: Very good training, community mobilization and motivation skills, good communication skills in national languages and basic knowledge of writing and speaking English is a plus point.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in written and spoken Dari and Pushto languages, and good in English.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by reffering to below link. In addition, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position