- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 1 Year
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference MSF-469
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 14, 2021
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values, and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’ health conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Conduct consultations for staff members and dependants to diagnose, treat and prevent illnesses while respecting MSF protocols.
– When necessary refer staff members and dependants to validated clinics for further investigations or treatment when it’s not possible to diagnose or treat with MSF
– Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
– Follow-up on the evolution of the staff, their dependants
– Follow-up of the monthly medical expenses; collect all bills from staff and fill in the appropriate file to be sent to the PMR for validation
– Flexibility in supporting other activities in the hospital when necessary, like for example (but not limited to); staff vaccinations, kindergarten consultations, follow-up of KMC mothers, …
– Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards
– Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material
– Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
– Essential: Medical Doctor diploma
– Essential: Dari/Pashtu: oral and written
– Essential: English: oral and written
– Other experience in gynecologist position is desirable
Working hours and salary
Full-Time Position from Sunday to Thursday
Salary will be paid according to the MSF salary grid
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 14tth of June at 4 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Khost Project via:
– E-mail MSFfirstname.lastname@example.org
– In a sealed envelope at Médecins Sans Frontières Administration department MSF Khost Maternity Hospital, Matun Road 9, Khost City
The reference FEMALE MEDICAL DOCTOR must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.