- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Address Khost City
- Years of Experience 2-3 years relevant
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration U1ntil 31 July 2023 with possible extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 37946
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree Holder
- close Date March 25, 2023
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
- Ensures the effective implementation of the Infection Prevention Control (IPC guidelines through its advocacy and strict adherence, including the appropriate use of PPE as and when required.
- Work with EH engineers to ensure that the environmental controls to support IPC meet the required IPC standards.
- Work with health facilities senior management to set up and mentor the IPC committees and IPC focal persons for each of the health facilities IRC will be supporting.
- Any other related task given by supervisor.
- Works independently and seeks support/advice when challenged. Proactive at ensuring all duties on shift are completed by the team and ongoing activities are relayed to the incoming shifts at targeted clinics.
- When required, undertakes hands-on skills transfer, disinfection and other tasks of the waste managers, sprayers, chlorinator, and training of health care workers etc.
- Coordinates IPC senior officer and manager to organize and maintain adequate stock of IPC materials to be used at target health facilities on a daily basis, routine monitoring and reporting on the consumption of IPC materials at the Hospital to the IPC Manager.
- Follows and supervises the daily activities of the IPC with clear guidance and orientation, guiding the both clinical and non-clinical teams on procedures and protocols for safe handling of patients, visitors and waste.
- Support the health facilities ensure that triage, screening, and isolation procedure at the health facilities are followed.
- Work closely with the IPC senior officer to identify and develop refresher trainings for clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure continued awareness of the IPC guidelines adopted by the health facilities and IRC/MOPH.
- Conduct regular monitoring of IPC progress for each of the health facility and take quick action in case the protocols are not followed.
- University degree is required in relevant field
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience working in a health care facility as a clinician, midwife, nurse etc, Experience in emergency response, including rapid assessments and needs analysis, Experience in hygiene promotion in humanitarian contexts
- Skills: Ability to work in fast-paced and extreme conditions
- Profound cross-cultural awareness and sound knowledge of IPC, Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently, Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations, Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively, Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Technical Competency:
- Communication and reporting skills
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) an advantage
- Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is proposed based on the approved policy but we encourage IRCA employees to remain up to 6 months and above to be given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque
Refer to submission guideline