- Salary Offer As per organization salary policy
- Experience 2 years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 year with possibility
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HNTPO-11-07-21/1
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 30, 2021
- Education completed anesthesia training at a recognized institute
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is the Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence-based public health interventions with a focus on innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all. HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwives and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are BPHS/EPHS in three provinces, Malaria Control program, Gender Base violence, nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
The Responsibilities of an Anesthetist are to:
- Provide perfectly general and loco-regional anesthesia concerning to the type of operation.
- Perform a physical examination of patient pre-operation and choice the type of anesthesia.
- Check lab. Result and also advice more lab investigation if necessary.
- Ensure all required medicines and equipment for anesthesia is properly prepared before giving anesthesia (review the checklist to ensure all equipment and medicine concerning to their expiry dates are present and precise).
- Take care of all anesthesia machines and other equipment.
- Take care of patients after surgery (in the recovery phase)
- Support the provision of primary health care within the community.
- Counsel and educate patients in relevant areas of health.
- Obtain specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral).
- Share knowledge, skill and expertise with medical, midwifery and nursing students and all professional staff concerning their job requirements.
- Perform limited, select administrative duties such as patient charting, recording and reporting of data, Hospital and or facility management, or coordination of specific educational programs.
- Participate in research, professional organization and related committees and in continuing education opportunities.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards.
- Participate in provision of 24-hour, six-day hospital service, which may require evening, night.
- Identify and report immediately any problem which interferes in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objective to hi/her immediate supervisor.
- Participate in weekly meeting of Surgery ward to share information and discuss the program progress.
- The anesthetist works in the hospital to predominantly provide standard anesthesia delivery services.
- She/he must be completed anesthesia training at a recognized institute
- Have at least 2 years work experience in anesthesia.
- She /he assume responsibility and accountability for their practice, applying up to date knowledge and skills in caring for each patient . He/She works as a member of a team that includes all staff of hospital.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter, please attached Educational documents to: email@example.com
Please ensure to mention the position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.