- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary Policy
- Experience Not mandatory
- Number of Vacancies 5
- Contract Duration 3 Years
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference CIH-004-2021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility NO
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date May 22, 2021
- Education MD degree
About Cure Hospital – Afghanistan:
Cure Hospital, is a charitable foundation dedicated to meeting the medical needs of economically disadvantaged patients and their families. The purpose of Cure Hospital, Kabul is to provide excellent health services and training in the health provision. Cure Hospital has been present in Afghanistan since February 2005. We have training programs in Family medicine, OB/GYN, pathology, and general surgery all of which are recognized by the MOP.
The Cure Hospital Family Medicine Residency program is a MoPH recognized, 3-years residency program to train young doctors to be Specialists in Family Medicine. During the 3 years, residents will rotate (at Cure Hospital), through internal medicine, general surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, OB/GYN, OPD, Sonography, Anesthesia and other specialties as appropriate. Following successful completion of the program, the doctors will be required to work for two years in a needy area in Afghanistan.
Family Medicine Residency Program Objectives:
The Family Medicine program has long term initiatives aimed at capacity building and enhancing executive and professional skill of national doctors in order to help them understand and practice evidence based medicine, thus improving the quality of medical care and health education received by all patients regardless of age or gender, throughout Afghanistan. The program’s long-term objectives are:
• To establish Family Medicine as a recognized medical specialty in
• To provide well-educated and skilled family medicine doctors who can
manage over 80% of the diagnoses presenting at the OPD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Family Medicine Program Director, the family medicine residents are responsible for: Daily ward rounds on their patients and the continued daily care of the patients:
- Daily ward rounds on their patients and the continued daily care of the patients
- OPD duties including continuity care clinics and community health
- Attendance at daily teaching sessions – morning report and lunch hour lectures
- On-call duties at both the hospital and the Family Health Clinic
- willingness to travel to rural area for the rural rotations
Required Competencies and Knowledge (Qualification)
- Candidates are required to be MD who past exit exam. Also registered with the MOPH of Afghanistan
- Honesty and professionalism in all dealings with patients and their relatives.
- Adherence to the values of Cure Hospital
- Flexibility and willingness to take on other tasks as delegated by the Family Medicine Program Director / Medical Director.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team.
- Fluency in oral/written English.
- Literate of Computer and be able to use internet
- Able to work in needy area of Afghanistan after graduation
Submission guidelines :
Applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit:
An application letter and CV, no more than one page long.
A short essay (hand-written, in English and signed, not more than 250 words) describing your reasons for applying to the residency training program.
In your essay, please describe clearly
Problems you and/or your organization currently face in training
What you hope to learn from this program
How you will benefit from your participation in this program
What are your long term goals and where do you see yourself working in the future
How you think the program will benefit from having you
All applications MUST be accompanied with CVs and essay and should be submitted to:
The HR department at Cure Hospital, Kabul
Add. Darulaman Road, Near to Darulaman Palace, Kabul Afghanistan.
Or by email address, email@example.com
Subject line must be: Family Medicine Resident
Those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted and called to sit an entrance exam. Following the exam, the top candidates will be called for interview.