- Salary Offer As per organizational Scale
- Years of Experience Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 5 Months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 0220-28-2022-IMC-KBL
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduated from a recognized medical faculty.
- close Date August 8, 2022
About International Medical Corps:
international Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
This position is depends on grand approval by IMC Roster
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Eye Care Doctor works at Kod-e-barq 50 bed Hospital to predominantly deliver comprehensive vision care to patients so they can care for their eyes and access tools to support their eyesight. Their duties include conducting eye inspections, identifying signs of disease or injury and prescribing corrective lenses. She/he assumes responsibility and accountability for their practice, applying up to date knowledge and skills in caring for each patient and family.
- Provide curative services to patients according to hospital requirement
- Support the provision of eye care services to hospital patients.
- Counsel and educate patients, the family and community, in relevant areas of health.
- Obtain specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral)
- Perform limited, select administrative duties such as patient charting, recording, and … .
- reporting of data, hospital management, or coordination of specific
- Participate in research, professional organization, and related committees and in
- continuing education opportunities.
- Identify and report immediately any problem which interfere in the delivery of services or
- in achieving the program objectives to his/her immediate supervisor
- Identify and report immediately any suspected epidemic cases.
- Participate any relevant meeting and training.
Safeguarding policy for Staff:
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm and exploit children, young people, and adult at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adult caused by staff and program.
- Graduated from a recognized medical faculty.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Will be responsible to provide required report in timely manners.
- Good coordination, networking, inter-personal and relationship building skills, and diplomacy.
- Attitudes and aptitude aligned with the positions are essential.
- Good communication and liaison skills with community and all staffs.
- Good capacity and analysis of conflict management to provide advises to the population.
- Written and spoken English is a plus.
- To be able to propose solutions to the identified problems/challenges.
- Flexibility is requested regarding the working hours and the live-in community after the working hours.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.